turbo opinions

prototypemo

Reaction score
ok so I have a buddy of mine that has as 03 and he is willing to trade me my turbo for his so I can get some more whistle out of mine. I know I can remove the ring for more whistle but are there any advantages or disadvantages to doing this? are the turbos the same size, will one boost more or less...things like that. I just do not know enough about these turbos to make an inferred decision and was looking for some guidance/opinions. thanks in advance guys

ghohouston

Reaction score
ok so I have a buddy of mine that has as 03 and he is willing to trade me my turbo for his so I can get some more whistle out of mine. I know I can remove the ring for more whistle but are there any advantages or disadvantages to doing this? are the turbos the same size, will one boost more or less...things like that. I just do not know enough about these turbos to make an inferred decision and was looking for some guidance/opinions. thanks in advance guys

You shouldn't really notice any difference, other than the sound of sex will come out of your tailpipe with the 03 turbo. Some people say they feel a bit more lag, but I've personally done the swap on two different trucks, and couldn't feel a difference. I'd do it

prototypemo

Reaction score
Maybe a hair different. Boost isn't everything you know. Why don't you go drive his truck and see how you like it?

Cause his is a cclb and mine is an ex. So driving his wouldn't be the same and his silencer is still in. Also he just uses his to haul the family and firewood around. I guess my only real concern is that mine has 118xxx and his has 230xxx and I know I'd need to pull it apart and clean the vanes most likely.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
check for shaft play before you even go and pop the hood on your truck for the swap

prototypemo

Reaction score
what all do i need for the swap? do i need a different pedestal and if so can i just swap that with him as well or should i mod mine...just trying to figure out what all i need

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.