turbo surging-2013-video

justin51986

Reaction score
my truck has 2500 miles on her now, this has been happening since about 1500 miles. took it to the stealership and they say "we couldnt figure it out so we called ford sand they said all the '13 models do that. its the wastegate opening and closing" i told them, funny, I've ridden in a few and mine is the only one that is doing this. its not just the gauge eiter, the whole truck surges, and the instant mpg gauge surges a little when it does it too. also does it on acceleration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWUCFbF26Y

Lococoin

Reaction score
Is that with the cruise on? Does it do it with the cruise off? It's common for it to do that with cruise on under certain conditions. Not usually that high of speed though.

justin51986

Reaction score
Is that with the cruise on? Does it do it with the cruise off? It's common for it to do that with cruise on under certain conditions. Not usually that high of speed though.

it does it cruise on or off. and if i accelerate slowly, it's so bad it feels like my truck is missing, or hesitating when the boost goes down

justin51986

Reaction score
Well i have another appointment at the stealership on monday...we'll see how this one goes

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
They said that was the cause of the surging while pulling a trailer. They replaced them and no issues anymore.

I undersdtand that much. I was just wondering if anyone knew the magical thing they did to the turbo they swap in to get it to not surge.

12stroker

Reaction score
All they told him was that the turbo was going to fail if they left it in. This was at a dealership in west texas so I do not know. And this might be my next truck due to me possibly getting his job if I get the transfer I applied for.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
my cousins truck had a surge but it was much less predictable than that is. It would also make the truck do weird stuff accelerating ect. They ended up putting a mass air flow sensor in to fix it...

but then they did a left side cylinder head later on because it was knocking on regens

Lococoin

Reaction score
Good to hear! Was that video taken with the cruise on or off? Mine does it with the cruise on but only under certain conditions. I mostly notice it when the road has a slight incline to it. I took mine in and they said it's normal to do that with the cruise on. Mine will not do it with the cruise off.

justin51986

Reaction score
That was cruise on. It started out just doing it with cruise on then got worse and would do it all the time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.