Twin HPOPs

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of you all doing these big builds with twin HPOPs but everyone is doing a homemade kit. I have searched here and on other forums as well and I was wondering who you all are doing them and plumbing the lines into the original oil rail. As well as has anyone altered the stand pipes to hold the extra pressure of the twin HPOP system. I know that elite offers a twin HPOP but when I looked at there website I didn't see any of the high pressure lines included with the DIY kit or the already assembled kit. Just trying to get a feel for how all of the guy that have done it in house have gotten it to work so well for them from the pick up to rail and the return with out blowing out what usually fails in these systems because this is something that I am looking at doing for a kind of a hush build that I am getting ready to start. Any advice or pictures or just ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Eric.

Wayne

Reaction score
You don't get more pressure than a stock truck with twin hpops, you're just able go maintain it, so the updated ford stand pipes are fine. Just about every truck running twin hpops is covered in aftermarket crap, so elite only builds the complete line setup for in-house trucks getting them. Otherwise they recommend doing your own last I checked. There are just too many routing requirements otherwise.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Wayne I was hoping that you would chime in on this. I didn't think that I would see an increase in pressure with the second pump since it is and would just be a factory pump. I would just have more oil on demand for the injectors.

And do you have any incite on how elite is routing the second pump into the HPOP oil system? (locations and supply)

Wayne

Reaction score
Look into diesel site's hpods. The concept is similar. Passenger valve cover with ccv on driver side, relocated hpo sensor, check valves, pressure relief valve, and feeding the HPOP into the rails through the valve covers. There is also an equalizing line between the two pumps on the outlet side, similar in concept to the line guys used to add to the valley of the 7.3's to help the engines run smoother.

Wayne

Reaction score
The complete elite kit comes with all the check valves, a pressure blow-off valve, and the fittings for the lines to thread into the oil rails. ICP sensor relocation port, pigtail extension, etc. Elite and diesel site worked together on some of this stuff.

Latest posts

Members online