Two transmission codes and wrench ligh

superstroked

Reaction score
Here are the codes. Yall think its just a solenoid issue or bigger issues?

arasa3yp.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

arasa3yp.jpg

my 6.4 dually was throwing those codes replaced D solenoid that didn't help still same thing. Then I just put a new trans in from ford. If the solenoid doesn't help the trans is trash.

superstroked

Reaction score
I noticed the converter slipping when locked up pulling my boat the other day. I guess I'll get it in and see what's up.

Boosted6.4

Reaction score

arasa3yp.jpg

Had the same thing happen way more times than I should have, the direct clutches in mine always were burnt when I would get those codes. Does the truck not go into OD and sometimes starts in a higher gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superstroked

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen way more times than I should have, the direct clutches in mine always were burnt when I would get those codes. Does the truck not go into OD and sometimes starts in a higher gear?

Yes sir

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have extended warranty on the truck...we will see how that goes

Yup ford probably going to change the solenoid then its not going to fix it. then there going to make you wait a couple days for them to figure it out. Then there going to call you and say the truck fixed so you go grab the truck and the same thing wrong. Then they said bring it back. then you have to wait a while for a trans to come in. ask me how I know LOL.

superstroked

Reaction score
Extended warranty is no longer active so I had it towed to the transmission shop I have used a few times and they got the pan pulled off. The fluid didn't look all that bad and there was not a whole lot of debris in the pan (0% metal shavings). They quoted me a price to rebuild and add a billet converter for 3600.00 which is not that bad.
That said, what's the likelihood that it could just be the solenoid?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
add a converter and then the load shifts to the next weakest link which are the clutches. next week you will have for sure smoked clutches. i would do it right the first time.

superstroked

Reaction score
add a converter and then the load shifts to the next weakest link which are the clutches. next week you will have for sure smoked clutches. i would do it right the first time.

I am not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that even if the issue is just the solenoid, I should have it rebuilt? Even without clutch material or metal shavings indicating converter clutch failure??

The converter never slipped more than about 10-15 on my dashdaq ever. I did start noticing a delayed 3-5 shift in the last month though. This truck only gets used to pull toys now so, less than a few hundred miles. Wouldn't it have clutch material in the pan if it was indeed an issue with clutchs?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
oops i typed much to fast of a response....sorry

i was just cautioning that the slip that your torque converter had was actually relieving some strain on the clutches. when you install a real tight TC, it puts more strain on the clutches because there is no give. now you have also mentioned a flare etc so i assume the clutches may be a bit tired and the TC will help push them over the edge.

my recommendation would be to do the solenoid because it is cheap and easy and leave the stock TC until you are ready to build the trans. just my opinion of course.

carson

Reaction score
I also. Just had same codes a couple months ago , higher gear when taking off , no overdrive , stuck in gear . Tried changing solenoid and fluids , was a waist of time for me , tranny was done. Also had very very little material in tranny pan . Guess it was enough tho .

superstroked

Reaction score
I am having it rebuilt and installing a billet converter. We were talking and he said he will have to reset the shift adapts in the computer

Will that have any affect on the tune that is in it or would I need to have it set back to stock for any reason?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.