Tyrant Diesel 7.3 Tunes

RNicol

Reaction score
I have an early 99 PSD with a TS chip with TS tunes and am looking into getting some tunes from tyrant diesel. Just wondering what people think of their tunes and how did your trucks do on them ?? :ford:

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I have them in my truck. Truck runs GOOD, but it's too smoky for my liking. I can black out the road in all 3 of my non-stock tunes. I have some up pipe leaks to seal up which I'm sure is part of the problem.

JHILL

Reaction score
superduty 4X4
In my experiance and from what I have seen elsewhere that is usualy not the case with Cales tunes, his are usualy the least amount of smoke.

To the OP
I am currently waiting for another set of tunes from Cale. touchy pedal issue (tuning) and a high rpm issue (may be an injector poppet valve issue) I would not hesitate to go with Cale, although he can be hard to get a hold of sometimes.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Definately clean tunes. If you are smoking that hard then you have boost/drive pressure leaks causing the issue. Good smooth tunes with a nice rolling idle.

Illinois7.3

Reaction score
I just got my chip back from Cale last week and I really like them. Its amazing the performance he can get out of a basically stock truck. Wish I woulda pulled the trigger sooner. I wouldn't have any reservation getting tunes from him.

ytee

Reaction score
I am really happy with my tunes from Cale. I agree that Cale's tunes are normally very clean. Mine will clean up at about 10-12 psi of boost. Cale is worth the extra effort it takes to get in touch with him.

Chris

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Cale is a great tuner but is very hard to get in touch with. If you need tunes quickly then there are others I would go with. If you have time to wait around then Cale is the way to go.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I am running Cale's tunes also. I have nothing but good to say about his tunes. Good smooth power all thru the pedal. Smoke issues are a non issue except in my higher tunes. He is great to work worth, but like others said, he can be difficult to get ahold of.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
I have only had 2 different tuners tunes, DPtuner and Tyrant, neither are live tuned, and both were great, Cale can be difficult to get ahold of, however if you have a burner it makes it a little nicer, since he will just email you the tunes. I am very pleased with his tunes, I like my gauges so I know whats going on, but tunes feel better (SOTP dyno) have less smoke, and lower EGT's than my DP tunes did.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
On the boost fooler subject.... I have been running 250/200s and 50# of boost for the last year now, never thought i needed a boost fooler.

Well i was wrong, installed one and the truck pulls harder, makes more boost, less smoke etc... Not like 50hp gain, but enough to notice.
Also had a bucking going on with some of Cale's tunes at higher altitudes, took care of that (defueling)

Its my opinion now that for the price of one, you might as well install it. Just for added assurance even if your not throwing a CEL

MINK

Reaction score
On the boost fooler subject.... I have been running 250/200s and 50# of boost for the last year now, never thought i needed a boost fooler.

Well i was wrong, installed one and the truck pulls harder, makes more boost, less smoke etc... Not like 50hp gain, but enough to notice.
Also had a bucking going on with some of Cale's tunes at higher altitudes, took care of that (defueling)

Its my opinion now that for the price of one, you might as well install it. Just for added assurance even if your not throwing a CEL

I find that hard to believe but I guess anythings posible. I still had one on my truck when I started running php tunes, no matter how it was udjusted never matered, ended up ditching it and never noticed a thing...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe but I guess anythings posible. I still had one on my truck when I started running php tunes, no matter how it was udjusted never matered, ended up ditching it and never noticed a thing...

Altitude may have something to do with it, im at 4500ft right now. But I had tunes from Cale and TW and could get both of them to defuel up here, never would defuel down at home (400ft). Then i had them adjusted to try and get the defueling to stop with just tuning. That worked on some of the tunes, but every once in awhile i could throw a CEL.

PCM's are all different, my truck may be a special breed. Ive had to tweak lots of stuff in my tuning to make it run exactly how i want it to. I figure the boost fooler is just added insurance i can do whatever i want with tuning and never worry about a defuel or CEL.
A defuel feels like your floating a poppet or the truck is going to blow haha

smokedout250

Reaction score
I haven't ran cales tunes but I do agree with stroke
On this I had tw tunes and now beans both set my cel and I did notice a bit of a change when I'm in the boost it just seems smoother and theres no cutting out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINK

Reaction score
Altitude may have something to do with it, im at 4500ft right now. But I had tunes from Cale and TW and could get both of them to defuel up here, never would defuel down at home (400ft). Then i had them adjusted to try and get the defueling to stop with just tuning. That worked on some of the tunes, but every once in awhile i could throw a CEL.

PCM's are all different, my truck may be a special breed. Ive had to tweak lots of stuff in my tuning to make it run exactly how i want it to. I figure the boost fooler is just added insurance i can do whatever i want with tuning and never worry about a defuel or CEL.
A defuel feels like your floating a poppet or the truck is going to blow haha

very true, there are no simularitys in our setups either.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Cale at the time was not bypassing the overboost code for basically stock tunes or mild builds. My overboost regulator is a simple regulator set at 19lbs, but adjustable plumbed inline of the MAP sensor to keep the MAP sensor from seeing more than 23lbs of boost and defueling. If you are producing more boost than stock, your tuner will probably eliminate the overboost code.

Latest posts

Members online