Up against the wall engine tap

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
Truck doesn't get drove much and for past 6 months has sat put in a new BTS last night get it all buttoned up and go on a test drive get the truck up to speed and around 60mph it starts a low tapping sound out of the engine let out off the throttle and it goes away. I'm guessing I have a lifter go bad but is there something I may have missed?

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
Truck does seem down on power and runs roughy after it does it but then will smooh out and run okay again. And smokes like a freight train maybe worse. I'm wondering could algae or somethin like that on the fuel even cause somethin like this

Last edited:

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
I don't know it's not that loud so you may not be able to hear it over the truck on my phone but I'll try and take one tonight when I get off work

TARM

Reaction score
Any codes? Have you run a contribution test?

Could be something as simple as UVCH a dead or broken injector something with a cylinder etc... I would not be running it until you figure it out.

Drdiesel27

Reaction score
hello i just bought a 1996 ford f250 7.3 and i wanted to ask you if you recommend me putting a chip on my truck i really would like to put one but i don't wanna ruin or break something on my truck please let me know your opinion by private message thanks _Gabe

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
what kind of addative? I drained the fuel out of the tank it was very dark brown and added in some Case IH anti alage stuff I got at the dealership for storing our tractors
runs a little bit better but still has the tap/mis to it thou at upper rpms im hoping maybe running it will work it out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.