Update adter coolant flush with Restore.

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
I flushed my cooling system with restore and restore plus. I used massive amounts of water and also back flushed. I then displaced the tap water with distilled by filling and draining with distilled about 18 gallons worth.

Prior to the flush my ECT was about 173 ( bad thermostat) i can get it up to 190 with cardboard in front of the radiator.

Prior to the flush EOT got as high as 224.

After the flush I'm getting the same readings for ECT however my EOT has dropped significantly. I'm getting 199-204 tops now.

I plan to drive it for a week or so while monitoring temps, to allow all the crud to accumulate in the old oil cooler. Then I will install a new one.

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
On my second drive the EOT crept up to 210. That is with the A/C on. Previous runs were without A/C.

Monster12valve

Reaction score
That is my plan too.., flush... Then drive a few hundred miles... The delete the EGR and change oil cooler. I only have 6* difference.. But truck is out of Warrenty next month, so I want to protect head gaskets as much as possible.

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
Todays drive (about 30 min at 65) EOT got up to 204. I suspect it would continue to climb on a longer drive.

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
Towed a light trailer today (around 2k) and EOT got up to 217. If I have time I'll be swapping the oil cooler this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.