Update on Godzilla

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well just to avoid mucking up the other thread. .. It sounds like your truck pulls hard! Congratulations on it running again Mike! Are you happy to have the old girl back?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well just to avoid mucking up the other thread. .. It sounds like your truck pulls hard! Congratulations on it running again Mike! Are you happy to have the old girl back?

it pulls REALLY hard. feels like when i had tow powers and a 30% pumps and 60's back in the day. its actually a hot mess. stereo and wiring to the backup cam were non existent, pinch weld has a bend in it ( like a 2 post lift did it ) , drivers side ala makes a popping binding noise, has a glow plug code ... side badges need redo .

today i got the stereo operational and re tuned, the camera back up and working , just have lots of little things which is fine . glad i didnt sell it , somebody woulda been ticked ! i figure within a week or 2 it'll be back full speed. gonna redo the subs and components as well . i will say my 6.7 destroys this thing in every category.

in final, there is something so attractive about the color, and the truck, that i am SO glad i kept it. i am really excited to use it as my shop truck. i will be hitting the track with it and prolly breaking more $hit.

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
It has definitely inspired my decisions to push mine beyond a tune and exhaust. And I guarantee it has had that same influence on others.

johnp115

Reaction score
in final, there is something so attractive about the color, and the truck, that i am SO glad i kept it. i am really excited to use it as my shop truck. i will be hitting the track with it and prolly breaking more $hit.

Its the green! looks so good. I never thought id like green on a vehicle, but if its done right it sure looks damn good.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Its the green! looks so good. I never thought id like green on a vehicle, but if its done right it sure looks damn good.

when i got it , the green was super cheap, and i thought oh i think i can make it look good. there's ALOT of pics from the past where i think it did and does look really good. not ONE copycat out there yet, and prolly never will be .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Soooo. Hows everything going on this piece of powerstroke history?

driving it every day with my 6.7 being at h&s . it HAS been a bit of a struggle, lots of little stuff being a pain, fuel pump relay , leaking trans , leaking out of the top of the fuel tank , alternator fried from a loose connection. ... but knocking on wood its all good now. runs hard , spools fast , prolly makes 650 and as of right now its starting every time i ask it to !! also totally redid the stereo to (2) JL shallow 10's , Focal Components and rears , new sound processor and amps , just needs remote start and it should be good !

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Awesome Mike! I'm happy to hear you 2 are back together again! I would imagine that the ol' girl deserved to give you a little bit of leaks/tweaks after it sat for how many years. I bet the system is loud as all get out! I can't imagine it holds a candle to your 6.7, but it can't be that much of a slouch.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome Mike! I'm happy to hear you 2 are back together again! I would imagine that the ol' girl deserved to give you a little bit of leaks/tweaks after it sat for how many years. I bet the system is loud as all get out! I can't imagine it holds a candle to your 6.7, but it can't be that much of a slouch.

thanks buddy ! yeah i really love the truck. its nice , i feel like the paint needs a true detail. got a local guy that does this c quartz treatment . poor thing hasnt had a real clay bar or anything in forever.

and no .. it absolutely does not hold a candle to my 6.7 in any form or fashion, part of what i love about it !

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I can't decide which one of your trucks I like better. I think a photo shoot is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
driving it every day with my 6.7 being at h&s . it HAS been a bit of a struggle, lots of little stuff being a pain, fuel pump relay , leaking trans , leaking out of the top of the fuel tank , alternator fried from a loose connection. ... but knocking on wood its all good now. runs hard , spools fast , prolly makes 650 and as of right now its starting every time i ask it to !! also totally redid the stereo to (2) JL shallow 10's , Focal Components and rears , new sound processor and amps , just needs remote start and it should be good !

send me the 6.7 for reliability testing. I miss having a truck ;)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
send me the 6.7 for reliability testing. I miss having a truck ;)

put amp steps back on it today ( had to remove them for the battery on the frame rail ) , and had it clay bar and waxed today. man how that paint looks so good for such an old truck. i'll get pics in sunlight tomorrow but its nice. getting closer to back to its old glory .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.