Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So here is a little update...... I think I know why the trans was so damn hot. They never replaced the trans cooler. If they did it isn't on my bill..... THey have gotten the oil temps down and installed a fan on the cooler. I will cut a bigger hole out of the bumper to make sure it will stay cool. They better hope my trans is still good, $$$$$$

I am trailer it into to the stereo shop tomorrow and will be there til Sat. Then back to Browns for them to do a fluid exchange, filter and new trans cooler. I hope this fixes the trans temp issues. I am not pleased right now

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Everything I own has issues. LOL After it comes back from the audio boys it is back at Browns for them to do the cooler swap etc. I will be cutting into the bumper for more air flow and we may be going to a bigger cooler. They will make it right but disappointing having to go through this. There will be a lot of audio instal pics. They told me they are taking a lot and their reaction to the truck was funny to me.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Not quite, I cut a big ass hole in the front of the Fusion to get air to the oil cooler. Got it back last week but won't drive it til Browns puts in the new trans cooler, new trans filter and fluid flush. The system sounds great, hits like a mo fo but haven't messed with that either since I replaced the rear slider with a one piece. The slider vibrated, and moved 1/2" when hitting hard. The window guy said don't use the system hard for a couple of weeks. He is afraid the window will blow out before the sealant hardens completely.

Goes into Browns tues, need to take some pics......

Wayne

Reaction score
dude, you better pull the amp fuses before it goes there. You know somebody will want to "verify" that it all works. Maybe they wouldn't give the stereo a test drive, but you never know.... Oh, and congrats on having a stereo that requires the slider be replaced LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
There are no rattles is the best part. Almost 200sq ft of sound deadning took care of that. One day I stopped by during install and my review mirror was hanging by the cable and so was the rear dome light assembly. Ummm what happened "the bass knocked them off" lmao

Latest posts

Members online