Updater Error

mortal798

Reaction score
I was using the new Auto Updater tonight, and right at the end of the process an error popped up.

I am attaching a screenshot... anybody know anything about it?

Attachments

• Updater Error.doc
    731 KB · Views: 54

mortal798

Reaction score
Update: I was able to complete the update to the SD card with no error. I was also able to load the tune into the truck, but the shift modifier didn't take.

After being unsuccessful with the Auto Updater program, I was told to try the old manual update process. So this morning I loaded the files manually and flashed the truck again. When it got to the end of the process and said to start the engine, it wouldn't crank. I attempted to return to stock, but that didn't help either. After several fresh downloads of the tune files and several tries to re-flash, nothing was working.

Several codes were set. They were: P0232, P0546, P2033, P245D, U3F20, and U3F24.

Does anyone know a Ford calibration engineer who can get a definition for the U3F20 and U3F24? I have access to the fmcdealer.com site, but these codes aren't even listed.

Brendan found a temporary work around for the no-crank: key on, clear DTCs twice. Key off, key on, clear DTCs twice. He said he found it searching on some Powerstroke forums - maybe this one?? Once that is done, the truck starts and the codes are gone.

I have to give huge props to the tech support guys at H&S. Jim and Brendan really helped me out today. I am not sure we have the issue totally resolved, but my truck is running again. I am afraid to flash the truck again for fear of being back in a no-crank condition.

Anyone ever hear of a problem similar to this? The P0232 definition is 'Fuel pump secondary circuit high,' the P245D, P2033, P0546 are EGT and DPF codes. Codes that begin with 'U' are Undefined, but manufacturers use them for network/module communication. The false P0232 is what causes the no-crank, but the question is why does it show up? I have a stock fuel system, and it is fully operational. I went through the entire pinpoint test for the code (ppt MA, in case anybody wants to look it up), and everything tests fine.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Latest posts

Members online