Upfitter question. Light on when off

Sicksoh

Reaction score
Hey everyone so my dad is wanting to hook up his compressor to one of his up fitter switches but he was wondering if there is a way when the switch is off for the indicator light to be on, this way he will know if the switch happens to get turned off and also then so when it is on it is in the down position. I told him there needs to be power to the switch for the light to be on so not sure how is will work, but I told him I would ask on here, for all you guru's to give it a shot. Thanks everyone.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
How about just running a different style switch that suits him?? Otherwise run a separate indicator light that functions as he wants.

Sicksoh

Reaction score
That is his other option he was just hoping to use the factory switches is all. Are the switches in a block or is each one separate? If separate then he could maybe pull its out a flip it 180 that way it will still be down when on. I'm just not sure how your gonna power the indicator light when the power is off.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
That's beyond my experience with the switches. Seems a bit much to do when he can get a switch that functions "his way" and save time and effort on reverse engineering.

Mdub707

Reaction score
So having the light off meaning the switch is off is too hard to comprehend? Light is on, switch is on... why is that so hard?

I feel your pain man, my old man asks me for some crazy things sometimes too.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i just tell my dad when he starts asking questions that id be happy to give him my log in info and he can get on here and do all the research he wants

Sicksoh

Reaction score
I suppose his reasoning behind it is if the light is on all the time you tend to overlook it and not notice it so if the switch happened to be turned off then he would notice the light as it is not an everyday thing. I can kinda see where he is coming from haha

jdc753

Reaction score
The switches are in a block and after that I don't know their guts, but they are a little more complicated than just some toggle switches, with an external fuse block over behind the glove box and then plugging into the back of the regular fuse block under the steering wheel.

Dscn0627-small.jpg

Dscn0631-small.jpg

I would imagine you could pull it all apart and figure out a way to reverse it, but I would be too surprised if it involved some soldering or just a good bit more involved that most would want.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.