Uppipe removal

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Is it possible to pull the uppipe out ajnd replace without removing the turbo and y pipe? I just had that whole damn thing apart and not really wanting to do it again so I was curious....

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is it possible to pull the uppipe out ajnd replace without removing the turbo and y pipe? I just had that whole damn thing apart and not really wanting to do it again so I was curious....

imo it will be harder to change that uppipe with the turbo in,then to just yank it all back out.

but yes its been done

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
yeah i figured that.....i just have to wait for my hands/knuckles to heal from the last weekend. effing manifold bolts and vbands....

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
cracked the lower flex section on the uppipe. y pipe bellows are upgraded 100 psi so they're fine but I think I might have had a small crack in teh lower that I made much worse when I was screwing with my turbo last week.

bustednuckles

Reaction score
I'm new to Y pipe stuff...what is the 100 psi upgrade that your referring to?

I have an 06 and replaced the turbo with a powermax. But, I have to go in again and make adjustments to the 4" exhaust....it would probably be wise to upgrade my Y pipe when I'm in there.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i'm referring to the upgraded stainless bellows Matt uses in place of the factory flex sections. they're rated for 100 psi. pm coming your way...

rentstdi

Reaction score
I just got a set of those from Matt and they look great. Tomarrow I will be putting them in and cant wait.

sly1types

Reaction score
I just replaced my Y pipe last weekend due to a a crack in the flex pipe actually it was separated by 1/4"...

I was able to do it all in 3 1/2 hrs. But I think it would be a big pain to try and take it out without removing the turbo. I can take off the turbo in a hr.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i ended up taking the turbo off. takes me about 30 min to get the turbo out.....but only because I've done it so damn many times LOL

Latest posts

Members online