URGENT: 6.0 no start when hot

equalizier

Reaction score
You may have a cracked an hpo rail. I have seen that a few times when the truck is cool it's really hard to fined even under pressure but when the truck warms up the crack opens up and bingo the truck shuts down.The crack will be right along the casting line of the hpo rail.

equalizier

Reaction score
I just re read the post again and you said you changed the hpo rail also and still leaks.But you said you switched injectors #8 with #2 and the leak followed to #2 correct and this is a new injector.Where is the leak at on the injector if it's in the top around those two weep holes.then the injector is back because air is passing between the the spool valve and spool valve body "internal bleeding ".This will cause a truck to idle perfect when cold most times and as it warms up goes to missing.You will chase ghosts if you don't know what your looking for.

This is how I fined a bad injector the easy way and I'm not doing the work twice.You pressurize the system and you spray either a little power clean or bleach white around the top of the injector.If you don't have any bubbles they are good but if you have a slow bubble then that injector is bad and will leak when truck is warm.I do this after I have replaced the o rings in the system it's the last step before I put the valve covers back on.

svt28640

Reaction score
doesnt miss at all runs fine when cold. starts fast. as soon as it warms up an you cut it off it will not start back until it cools down.

svt28640

Reaction score
Put new nipple cups an o rings in the rails today. Still same thing. Running out of ideas.

equalizier

Reaction score
I have seen ipr's cause this the windings break down under heat and will either shut truck down or will not let it start.

Latest posts

Members online