valve shims

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I know it's been beat to death but I think I have it just want to make sure.

So let's say I pull the seal and take a measurement of 1.82 and the seals are .03 thick so that would be 1.79 and If I'm shooting for 134# seat pressure (1.750) I would take the difference so 1.79-1.75 so I would need to shim it .04 correct?

One thing not talked about in the sticky are yall putting new seals in also?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
To tell you the truth I have been thinkin about that but in all honesty my motor has 190k on it with a 468 I'm sure I'm on barrowed time. I'll make sure the one on the stand get the better springs. And quite honestly I just don't run it hard. It's a 5 speed so I never race it I might roll on it till 3k but that's it. Only time it will see a hard runs on a dyno if I ever run it. Or going up a pass hooked to my trailer

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Throw those 910s in the garbage immediately. Spend a couple dollars more and get beehives. Much better.

Then please post the part numbers for the beehives spring, retainers, locators and valve seals. When I did my springs, I could not find the correct part #s for the beehives.

Like I posted in the past, there is a big secret on the correct part #s for the beehives.

Billy T.
[email protected]

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Then please post the part numbers for the beehives spring, retainers, locators and valve seals. When I did my springs, I could not find the correct part #s for the beehives.

Like I posted in the past, there is a big secret on the correct part #s for the beehives.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Think it's all comes down to trial and error and a lot of these guys are putting so much time to see what combos work the best. Like swamps or irate just to name some. Have there comp. springs I mean if they spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars why would they come out and say o you can use comp valve number xxxx. I know there is some math to seat pressures need that take in count boost times area of the valves. But then again that's usually for a Gas engine spinning 8k for rpms. Spring rates and everything else falls into play.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
That's were the issue is. A lot of guys can't have their truck down for trial and error to see what fits and doesn't fit. Plus, it's not like you can drive down to the local parts store and pickup beehive springs/parts. The parts will need to be ordered.

Then there are others that post to go with beehives and when you ask what are the part numbers, they vanish.

Billy T.
[email protected]

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
A quick search on here. I found all the part numbers. 910s wear out very quickly especially when shimmed that tight. I ran 910s for 1 year. Needless to say I had for destroyed lifters and 4 missing cam lobes and a few boogered up rockers arms. Every cylinder had atleast one valve hit the piston. And yes mine were shimmed to the spec everyone runs

Latest posts

Members online