valve springs and push rods question

bmack31

Reaction score
im looking at getting bigger injectors but id prefer to have all my supporting mods done first. shooting for around 500 rwhp. right now all i have is a ts chip so can i run the rods and springs or do i have to wait till im makeing more power? i already know i need a bigger hpop but thats comeing soon. looking at rosewood stage 2.5 or 3. also does anyone have any experience with the swamps rods and springs? all advice is much apreciated. thanks guys

Reaction score
I'm running smithbrothers rods and comp 910 springs with his stage three's funnn setup. You can run them at any time do it now before its to late lol. What turbo you going to run? You may want to put sruds on your list and efuel

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
Swamps springs come with 15's and 30's for shims. That's why the price is different then just buying the springs themselves.

Marty

Reaction score
I don't know how much the shims are by themselves, but I wasn't meaning they are $15.00 and $30.00...

I was meaning you get two sets of shims...

0.015's and 0.030's. You can measure the springs to decide which to use or you can stack them and make it 0.045...

Reaction score
Yes I understand I'm just saying its cheaper to buy them seperate summit is the best price I have found then you have more flexability once you measure the spring height if you buy the shim kit. I know many people probably don't bother measuring. I know you do If I can recall I watched your vid. I just dont see where they get 175 when a pack of shims are 5 bucks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
I gotcha.

In my videos I didn't measure anything with the valve springs. But we do now.

bmack31

Reaction score
sweet thanks guys. i planned on a d66 turbo cause thats what everyone sems to run. whats efuel?

oneton

Reaction score
sweet thanks guys. i planned on a d66 turbo cause thats what everyone sems to run. whats efuel?

electric fuel pump.like a sd.beans,marty's,dieselsite,irate,and a few others offer efuel kits for obs trucks

Binder man

Reaction score
Does away with the stock fuel bowl, adds a regulator and an electric fuel pump. Does away with the factory pump in the valley. Very good upgrade for sure for reliability!

Latest posts

Members online