version diff on h&s

twitch02x

Reaction score
Since I bought my 08 a year ago it's been on the most current update hd300 via an xrt pro, lbf on 5. I bought a mini Maxx just for resell purposes and have it loaded up at the moment and it's an older version update. (Still shows mild wild hot).

Before with the xrt my boost and ebp were very close via edge cts under normal throttle acceleration

Now with mini the ebp is usually double the boost under same throttle, and if I roll into it smokes a whole lot more.

Could this just be from version differences??

Stroked777

Reaction score
The mini max reading is more like it should be. On a compound set up the drive pressure will be closer to 2:1. And updated tune version should clean up the smoke more. You should look at the update notes on their site and it will tell you what they changed between versions

Last edited:

twitch02x

Reaction score
With the xrt they were close via edge moniter

With mini ebp is double what boost is via Edge monitor or mini

B585Ford

Reaction score
The newer versions of tuning cranked up the EBP compared to the old ones....having run several different versions over the years, I can state from experience that Stroked777 is correct. Spool up got a lot better with the higher EBP. The odd thing is the smoke...mine definitely became less smokey with the higher EBP tuning. I have never run LBF 5 though. I usually had it on 1 and the highest I ever ran was 3....didn't see much difference in spool up and it got a lot smokier on the higher LBF settings, plus Dustin and Haller played around with it and found they were draining the rail with the higher LBF settings.

twitch02x

Reaction score
I loaded my xrt back up last night and put the lbf on 0 and left it on stock with hd300 loaded wow what a turd. Ebp seemed roughly the same though maybe I was wrong

B585Ford

Reaction score
I didn't realize you are running 37s and on stock turbos.....I am guessing that may be some of the difference. I was only running 35s with a leveling kit on the front and had pretty much every air mod plus a 71 when I ran the canned tunes. I converted to GH tunes since I did my last round of mods so I haven't ran the canned tunes again.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Everyone benefits from GH tunes, your motor, you, environmentalists and the environment!! They are very powerful tunes but without the smoke. And yours trans will love his tunes too

Latest posts