VGT Duty Cycle with KOEO

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I'm trying to diagnose a weird situation with my truck and when I monitor VGTDC at KOEO, it reads 10%? I unplugged the actuator and the rod fell the the relaxed position, and when I plugged it back in the actuator did its full stroke and went back to where it previously was. The duty cycle read 10% the entire time though? Is this correct or do I have an actuator issue? Thanks

ckrueg

Reaction score
Mine says 10 with KOEO as well and cycles through when I first turn the key on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CT9AIX

Reaction score
10-4. Thank you sir! I guess I can scratch that off the list as a possible suspect. This is related to trying to figure out why my vanes won't open at idle.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Is it possible that your ebp, boost, and vane tables don't correspond which throws things off?

I know your tables look way different from mine. I go from 0 to 99 instantly on vane, where I believe yours is a very gradual transition.

I haven't met a truck that my tables wouldn't work on.

H&S always loads the same strategy, so it's not a matter of strategy difference

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I can try changing my vane tables to act like yours where there is no gradual transition. I thought it might be easier for the actuator to have a smooth table to work from... But maybe I'm wrong thinking that. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see. I've already tried changing the EBP and MAP sensors to make sure those were not malfunctioning and had the same results.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Is there a chance your in a cold climate with and EGR ******, possible frozen the up pipe to the EBP sensor? That'll cause you weird problems and grief....

CT9AIX

Reaction score
It's been in the 50-60* temp range here so def no frozen tubes. I have to be missing something with the tune. I've checked just about everything I can think of mechanically and swapped out sensors ect... There is something overriding my changes within the tune

Latest posts

Members online