Vibration between 45-50 mph

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
I recently installed a icon 2.5" leveling kit on 2012 short bed and 5" NON tapered icon blocks in the rear along with FTS traction bars. ...

I am now experiencing what seems to be a driveline vibration between 45-50 mph, very obvious right at 48 mph. I never noticed a vibration for the first 70,000 miles of ownership. Is it the driveline?

What will make this stop?? I drive the truck 1000 miles per week and it's driving me crazy.

Tapered blocks?

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
Iam by no means a mechanic but I'm pretty sure there isn't a carrier bearing. My truck is a shortbed with a ONE piece drive shaft.

I took the drive shaft off yesterday and the u joints seem to be ok, no obvious problems.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Iam by no means a mechanic but I'm pretty sure there isn't a carrier bearing. My truck is a shortbed with a ONE piece drive shaft.

I took the drive shaft off yesterday and the u joints seem to be ok, no obvious problems.

Did you have a custom shaft installed? Because to my knowledge all the CCSB's have a 2 piece shaft.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I think you need taper blocks bud. Seems these 6.7s are anal with driveline and pinion angles. Do you have a way of measuring pinion angle?

RedRice589

Reaction score

Did you have a custom shaft installed? Because to my knowledge all the CCSB's have a 2 piece shaft.

2011 and up ccsb have a one pice.

I think you need taper blocks bud. Seems these 6.7s are anal with driveline and pinion angles. Do you have a way of measuring pinion angle?

I would go tapered blocks as well. When I have my airbags jacked up with no load I get the same. I let half the air out and it goes away.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
I will give the tapered blocks a try and let ya'll know if it takes care of it. I've seen 2.5degree blocks and 5 degree, anybody have any experience with either????

What degree angle would I be looking for when I measure the drive shaft angle?

Thanks fellas!

RedRice589

Reaction score
I will give the tapered blocks a try and let ya'll know if it takes care of it. I've seen 2.5degree blocks and 5 degree, anybody have any experience with either????

What degree angle would I be looking for when I measure the drive shaft angle?

Thanks fellas!

Either call Jared with OUO or Trevor at PMF in all honesty. They'd know best.

Latest posts

Members online