Vibration

01PSD

Reaction score
Got a vibration that's driving me nuts. It's only present in 1st and/or 2nd gear, and is noticeable when turning. Hard to feel it when you're in the passenger seat but when you're driving you can feel it good in the steering wheel and seat. Any ideas? Really hope it isn't something in the tranny as it was just out of the truck 10k miles ago.

mandkole

Reaction score
Solely based on the description and feeling it in the wheel, I could not say its the trans function. Is this vibration present with acceleration or load (rounding a corner and going uphill)? Have you checked everyones work on the removal? is it loose in the chassis? No issues with transfer case or front hubs? When you turn the wheel at slow speeds, the chassis could be loaded enough to affect loose parts.

I have had issues with converter shudder in other vehicles but yours seems more like a chassis vibration.

01PSD

Reaction score
Yeah we're leaning more towards chassis issue. It's during acceleration between 15-25 mph and that's it, it goes away afterward. Going to check u joints when I get the chance. Tires were just rotated about 2k miles ago and they've never had a balance issue, but I probably need to go back around and check to make sure everything is right and nothing is out of whack.

Latest posts

Members online