vinyl wrap

stroker221

Reaction score
Anyone have any good suggestions for which brand and thickness to go with? Gonna wrap grill and bumpers and possibly the badges. All gloss black..

NY_Mott

Reaction score
My basic understanding is 3mil thickness is what most wraps are done with, to include boats, trailers and such.

Some vinyl iv seen is as thick as 7mil but iv been instructed by a buddy who does trailers and such 7mil is only good on flat serfaces.
As for brands I use oracal, but have heard good things about 3M and a couple others that have slipped my mind.
I know a couple members here are in the business so hopefully they chime in.
Best of luck; Look forward to seeing what you decide and how it comes out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

stroker221

Reaction score
I'll look into that oracal. Plasti dip just doesn't hold up very long haha. And I want it more clean looking

devdiesel

Reaction score
Wrapped my shorty with 3m satin black 1080
398c1a536ae4f8436981ca98058aa6bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
And the bumpers/ grill shell mirror covers on my 6.7 are wrapped in 3m black metallic.. Matches very well to stock paint... Just a couple examples ..
97d3141e1bf52ee5677da6577f52b41e.jpg

stroker221

Reaction score
Ok thank Yu very much. Talked to you at Ts this past year as you were loading up the shorty. Didn't know if u realized that was me. Thing is sweet

ckrueg

Reaction score
The bottom of my old 6.4 was wrapped in 3m brushed steel
d298d9c0f773fc8a3592340b446ce64b.jpg

How did that hold up to rock chips? Really don't want mud flaps but the paint chips are getting bad

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
Think it's still on their, it held up really well for me. Maybe Johnp will chime in, he bought it from me... 3m has a 5 year warranty so take that for what it's worth

devdiesel

Reaction score
And my 6.7 is a lease so it's perfect for that situation. Peel it off at the end of the term, brand new Chrome!

devdiesel

Reaction score
Ok thank Yu very much. Talked to you at Ts this past year as you were loading up the shorty. Didn't know if u realized that was me. Thing is sweet

Hey man! No I didn't put that together lol. I think we'll be down their again this year, maybe see you at the strip

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
Bottom of my 06 was 3m 1080 gloss black. It was on 37s with no mud flaps and I made it a year before replacing it. I was four wheeling very often with it though. Wouldn't heditate to do it again.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
If you have never done it before you won't be happy. It's really easy to learn though. If you diy, make sure you get something with air release built in. Will eliminate bubbles in it.

Side note, all I have ever done is rockers and mirror caps. I would imagine a grille is tough.

Latest posts

Members online