Viper Smart Start

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has Smart Start, and if so, how you like it. I'm looking to add the remote start function only. I'm not doing the whole alarm thing this time. I want to retain the use of the factory fobs and the keypad entry.

I've called and talked to Viper twice and asked a bunch of questions about the various options. What I'm looking at:

VSM50BT ($130) - bluetooth only with a range of 100ft. No monthly subscription required
VSM200 ($150) - cellular but no GPS. $6/month subscription required
VSM250 ($300) - cellular with 2-way GPS. $8/month subscription required

I'm really in a debate if it's worth the monthly costs to have those features. Knowing where my truck is, especially if it were to be stolen, would be really nice. But worth twice the initial cost and an $8/month service plan to do it? In most cases 100ft range should be enough to start the truck from inside the house or my work which is where it will be used 75% of the time.

Snake

Reaction score
I've had Smart Start for several years. If your question is whether or not its worth the money for the cellular with GPS, it absolutely is.

Blowby

Reaction score
Have one on the tow truck and race truck. Great at the airport mid winter. Plane lands and the truck is warming up for me. With GPS you don't have to remember where you
park anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.