Vled Triton V3 Warning...

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
So... Since I got my truck running I installed a set of the Triton v3 LED switchback turn signals in my headlights.... Very cool product, but I could never seem to get them to work correctly.. So after dealing with them lighting up the wrong colors at the wrong times along with HYPER-flashing when the Vleds says they do not cause hyper flash since they have built in resistors, I took them out and went back to stock amber bulbs... NOW.. here is my issue. It seems that one of those little bastards caused some sort of short circuit in my right light because now the truck hyperflashes and thinks the bulb is out, even with the stock bulb back in. I have changed the bulb, flipped it around, checked ALL fuses, and all to no success at getting it to blink normally again... The running light function works, but as soon as you turn the blinker on, the light just stays orange and the inside dash hyperflashes. Also when you lock the truck, the left side parking light does its flash and the "broken" one does nothing.

I have done some research and it looks like the BCM has turned off my blinker circuit and now I have to have my buddy at the dealer see if he can reset the BCM so that I can get my blinker back for inspection lol....

mustube

Reaction score
Did you try switching the sockets left and right to see if the hyperflashing follows the socket or stays on the right side?

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
I went through the exact same thing with those vleds. Wasted money. Didn't have any problems like you after returning to stock though. Thats gotta suck. I know I tried everything to get them to work but nope, they plain don't work with our trucks.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy. I just went with ddm tuning switchbacks and got resistors. Works like a charm!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Have u tried disconnecting the batteries? I put led dome lights in my truck and used to have that romantic glow at all times until I installed a resistor. Long story short I lost the cargo lights for the bed now, but if I disconnect the batteries they work for a few days then stop.

Latest posts

Members online