Volant Powercore intake PN:198676

Status
Not open for further replies.

sootie

Reaction score
I never said it was better then the nl. I said that the nl throws codes and 99% of the people that have it have had an issue when installing it. I gave my opinion and as usual someone has to attempt to talk ****

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Please share the source of data that shows "99% of the people that have it have had an issue when installing it" (Yet more more un-quantifiable bs being spewed by you)

So an opinion is bs..lol. Other people's experiences are bs...????
What are you calling bs ??? To me it reads that all intakes but nl are bs

What I'm calling BS is above^^^ as well as the fact you bashed a product you claim you don't/won't own. I interpreted that as you were bashing a product you did not have first hand experience with. Am i wrong?

sootie

Reaction score
Hence the groupies attacking me. Lol. Its ok

If you don't have the ability to install a simple air intake in less than four hours, perhaps you should leave working on the truck to someone that has a clue.

Nj67

Reaction score
Please share the source of data that shows "99% of the people that have it have had an issue when installing it" (Yet more more un-quantifiable bs being spewed by you)

What I'm calling BS is above^^^ as well as the fact you bashed a product you claim you don't/won't own. I interpreted that as you were bashing a product you did not have first hand experience with. Am i wrong?
Again not bashing. Just stating whats already been posted on here. But by all means...flex those mouth muscles tough guy lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hence the groupies attacking me. Lol. Its ok

You're so far off , and sound so ignorant , I won't bother addressing any of the blathering you just did. Please just go away.

Last edited:

Nj67

Reaction score
If you don't have the ability to install a simple air intake in less than four hours, perhaps you should leave working on the truck to someone that has a clue.
I'll never own one

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Did I have fitment issues installing my NL intake? Yes, but it literally took a $10 part to fix it and now it fits like a glove.

Does it look nice? hell yeah especially power coated.

Did it take me 4 hours? No maybe an hour trying not to spew all my coolant while replacing that line.

Do I get codes? Yes, but I'm already having my tuning adjusted for it so no worries.

Does it work better than any other intake? No idea I bought the stage 2 and called it good.

redneck1

Reaction score
Has anyone used this intake?

Before everyone starts yelling No Limit...I'm looking for better filtration, which the Donaldson Powercore advertises...even though it's a couple 10ths of a percent, Id just likea little more power, mileage, and filtration to boot.

I was curious if anyone has any dyno numbers with one as well.

Thanks in advance.

Well, chicken little, I guess go do it yourself. Buy one, run the dyno with it. I think you'd like it as you're leaning that way. I have an intake that I use with a pre filter over about 100 miles a month off road in the western dust and my intake tube passes a white glove test. I'm all about better filtration, just don't think you'll notice in the life of the truck that added edge. Unless you're strictly off road. Your right foot going to determine more in how long your truck lasts than your intake, imo..

Btw, run some used oil analysis before and after the intake to see how effective your air filter is if you're concerned about it, that would probably tell more than anything.

JRLott

Reaction score
Stop feeding the trol....idiot. Honestly, I've had sh!t it took me a while to assemble. It had more than three pieces, and took more than four hours. The NL intake wasn't it. It was a fvcking jigsaw puzzle, but we need to make th fvcktard feel better.
I don't get it.
Why do people feel the need to slam a product. I was honest. No one slammed me.

Nj67

Reaction score
Stop feeding the trol....idiot. Honestly, I've had sh!t it took me a while to assemble. It had more than three pieces, and took more than four hours. The NL intake wasn't it. It was a fvcking jigsaw puzzle, but we need to make th fvcktard feel better.
I don't get it.
Why do people feel the need to slam a product. I was honest. No one slammed me.
Again...never slammed or whatever you said. I gave my opinion based on what ive seen posted on this forum. Then the groupie nut swingers came out.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Again...never slammed or whatever you said. I gave my opinion based on what ive seen posted on this forum. Then the groupie nut swingers came out.

so no actual knowledge.

Nj67

Reaction score
so no actual knowledge.
I guess the people that posted they had problems are just lying and making it up ???? Lol. Come on lol. Or is it that because they aren't in the inner circle their opinions and their experiences dont matter ??? I could care less about the intake. As stated a long time ago..yours wasnt out when i bought a snb or i would have probably bought it. But for me and the rest of the people out of the inner circle...to buy an intake and then have to jigga rig it and change or update tuning....not something they'd want to do or have to do when there are others out there

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess the people that posted they had problems are just lying and making it up ???? Lol. Come on lol. Or is it that because they aren't in the inner circle their opinions and their experiences dont matter ??? I could care less about the intake. As stated a long time ago..yours wasnt out when i bought a snb or i would have probably bought it. But for me and the rest of the people out of the inner circle...to buy an intake and then have to jigga rig it and change or update tuning....not something they'd want to do or have to do when there are others out there

tuning updates are for a reason. these trucks have a mass air flow sensor , for a reason. there are no codes unless the tuner is having a hard time with remapping. we haven't had a code issue in over a year from any major tuner unless they are releasing new versions , there is a learning curve for remapping and adjusting for substantially more air volume, and the same reason once it's done the ACTUAL driving experience is changed , and there are MANY people who can vouch for it, along with dyno results. you WILL notice a difference in the lower rpm with the proper tuning and NL Intake.

your first post was not only ignorant , but quite out of line. you spoke of what very limited bs you have read, and spoke as if you KNEW, but come to find out you dont . we make no secret that the 5" intake is a tight fit, but it does fit. sometimes on the first go, sometimes after some adjusting. it's not some china made , plastic molded air box with a tiny filter , that's not the market we chose to chase. we build stuff for the people that want the best , and guess what sometimes its not a snap together turd .

going forward, you could have said what you said a lot differently , and got a much different result. you made a ridiculous statement , that anyone with half a brain could deduce as ludicrous. maybe next time say " i've read on here people are having issues with fit and CEL lights " , not the bs you spewed . we aren't perfect , we're constantly trying to make it better , and lot's of products get modified over it's lifetime products get revised because WE know it could be better. our goal is to make customers HAPPY , and selling them something that causes problems is not the way to do it.

i hope that clears things up for you, we just want a product that people love, and it seems to be working.

Nj67

Reaction score
tuning updates are for a reason. these trucks have a mass air flow sensor , for a reason. there are no codes unless the tuner is having a hard time with remapping. we haven't had a code issue in over a year from any major tuner unless they are releasing new versions , there is a learning curve for remapping and adjusting for substantially more air volume, and the same reason once it's done the ACTUAL driving experience is changed , and there are MANY people who can vouch for it, along with dyno results. you WILL notice a difference in the lower rpm with the proper tuning and NL Intake.

your first post was not only ignorant , but quite out of line. you spoke of what very limited bs you have read, and spoke as if you KNEW, but come to find out you dont . we make no secret that the 5" intake is a tight fit, but it does fit. sometimes on the first go, sometimes after some adjusting. it's not some china made , plastic molded air box with a tiny filter , that's not the market we chose to chase. we build stuff for the people that want the best , and guess what sometimes its not a snap together turd .

going forward, you could have said what you said a lot differently , and got a much different result. you made a ridiculous statement , that anyone with half a brain could deduce as ludicrous. maybe next time say " i've read on here people are having issues with fit and CEL lights " , not the bs you spewed . we aren't perfect , we're constantly trying to make it better , and lot's of products get modified over it's lifetime products get revised because WE know it could be better. our goal is to make customers HAPPY , and selling them something that causes problems is not the way to do it.

i hope that clears things up for you, we just want a product that people love, and it seems to be working.
Ok.....

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I had a s&b intake and I also have the stage 2. On warhammer tune, I would suck the filter minder shut, the s&b was brand new... Stage 2 has a definite a$$ dyno improvement and also backed with dyno results. And it cleaned up the "coal", truck spools faster, runs cleaner, and the turbah sounds bada$$ through the huge a$$ intake! This isn't something Mike just hacked together. R&d and lots of effort to make his product the best on the market. I have one of the original preorder ones, fits with no issue, and I'm almost positive there was a couple little changes to the production models to make the fit and install even easier..

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Plus, no other intake looks this good under the hood! Especially a plastic box. I tried to get rid of all the plastic under my hood, not add to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online