Voltage regulator for A-1000 Fuel pump

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I let her run and let the Regulator on the RR regulate psi down where it should be. Have Over 100k on this setup with no issues.

woodduck97

Reaction score
I have about 8 to 9k on the pump and its dead. I like the way aeromotives speed controller works but it says it works off RPM.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did they warranty it? Did you have a sump behind it? What diameter hose was feeding it? What gauge wire/amp relay?

woodduck97

Reaction score
No the pump is over a year old already talked to them. To rebuild it is 220 something. Yeah it has a sump and 5/8 line feeding it. Not sure size on wire. Plenty big enough though. The fuse I ripped out awhile ago cause the holder would burn up same thing happens on are camaro cooling fans. Need to get a circut breaker on the new pump like aeromotive sells in there fuel pump speed control kit.

On both the Camaro and truck the wires were nice and cool and the fuse holder it self would burn up and loose connection and stop working.

Going thursday night to a buddies that has 3 spares and buying one of them off him for a 100 bucks.

woodduck97

Reaction score
i looked up their speed controller yesterday and it costs just as much as the pump itself

Yeah that thing is priced high as ****. Will it even work off boost?

Also I plan to get a electric fuel gauge for in the truck so I can moniter pressure because I dont know how long I was running it on 0 fuel pressure over the weekend.

Agjake11

Reaction score
The way it looked in their wiring diagram its only off RPM's. you can also get the circuit breaker you need at local oriellys for about 6 bucks.

if you buddy wants to sell another a1000 spare i might be interested haha

woodduck97

Reaction score
The way it looked in their wiring diagram its only off RPM's. you can also get the circuit breaker you need at local oriellys for about 6 bucks.

if you buddy wants to sell another a1000 spare i might be interested haha

I am def getting the circut breaker for it before I run this new pump. You know I have put these on my boat for the trolling motors and stuff and didnt even think about it LOL I dont think he will. He is giving it to me for that price because I always help him out for nothing LOL

woodduck97

Reaction score
Aeromotive just made me LOL He first told me that my truck does not need a speed controller and couldnt explain how to hook there controller up to boost pressure to control speed. Then he asks is it a powerstroke then goes to tell me that the system installed is not right because this is what happens when people use small lines. So then I go to tell him how it was set up with all the lines and stuff and has been installed the same way on multiple trucks and have out lasted my pump and he went on and on bout powerstroke this and that and told me that my truck has the wrong stuff again and the heads dont flow fuel right and causes large amounts of back pressure on the pump. Finally I just said oh ok guess I need to get it done your way so it will last and hung up after he told me the information to send the pump in to get rebuilt.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Aeromotive just made me LOL He first told me that my truck does not need a speed controller and couldnt explain how to hook there controller up to boost pressure to control speed. Then he asks is it a powerstroke then goes to tell me that the system installed is not right because this is what happens when people use small lines. So then I go to tell him how it was set up with all the lines and stuff and has been installed the same way on multiple trucks and have out lasted my pump and he went on and on bout powerstroke this and that and told me that my truck has the wrong stuff again and the heads dont flow fuel right and causes large amounts of back pressure on the pump. Finally I just said oh ok guess I need to get it done your way so it will last and hung up after he told me the information to send the pump in to get rebuilt.

Did he tell you to do the regulator before the heads? And buy a fancy fuel block?and feed from both sides of the heads? I got the same lecture when he asked if I owned a Powerstroke. LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you wanted to do a boost referenced fuel psi setup, you could use a variable rate of gain regulator that has a boost reference to increase psi during boost. But are you dropping psi during boost now is the ?. Ultimately the fuel pump determines overall available volume of course.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
If you wanted to do a boost referenced fuel psi setup, you could use a variable rate of gain regulator that has a boost reference to increase psi during boost. But are you dropping psi during boost now is the ?. Ultimately the fuel pump determines overall available volume of course.

He just doesnt want his pump running 100% duty cycle

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

woodduck97

Reaction score
Did he tell you to do the regulator before the heads? And buy a fancy fuel block?and feed from both sides of the heads? I got the same lecture when he asked if I owned a Powerstroke. LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep pretty much what he told me. Sounds like to me someone needs to build a better pump LOL Guess that's why they only have a one year warrenty not 2 year anymore.

He just doesnt want his pump running 100% duty cycle

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yep that is what I want not 100% duty cycle all the time. But accordding to Mr big shot the pump should last up to 2000 hours and 100k at 100% LOL

Marty

Reaction score
This is the first aeromotive pump I have heard of failing in this configuration.pm me, I might have a suggestion.

Marty

Reaction score
I have had just as many issues with circuit breakers as I have had fuse holders. Just a fyi.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No big shot here. Haven't seen a fuel
Pump I like better or that works as strong. Just saying what works. I sell 4-5 a1000 setups a week with a RR on daily driver setups and wouldn't feel comfortable
Doing so if I felt there was a reliability issue running the pump in this manner.

woodduck97

Reaction score
No big shot here. Haven't seen a fuel
Pump I like better or that works as strong. Just saying what works. I sell 4-5 a1000 setups a week with a RR on daily driver setups and wouldn't feel comfortable
Doing so if I felt there was a reliability issue running the pump in this manner.

Im not calling you a big shot. That was the guy at aeromotive acting like that LOL I know that allot of people run them and dont have a single problem.

Latest posts

Members online