Waste gate settings for a 35r and 4202r?

Klutch

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what I should have my gates set for. I have a gate to dump around the 35 to the 4202, and another gate to dump before the 4202 to the down pipe. The gate before the 35 is set at 20psi, and the gate before the 4202 set to 60psi. Good bad? More or less? I haven't messed with it enough to make an educated guess. Any help appreciated!!

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I would drive the hp turbo as hard as you can. I don't think my gate opens until after 60psi and my ebp maxes out at around 80psi.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
You can push the 35 harder than 20 psi.

Idk what your fueling is like or if you are running nitrous or not; but unless you have 100% injectors I don't think the 4202 would make 60 psi, nor would you want it to be doing all that work. If you don't have big injectors or nitrous you probably won't even need the gate to open on the 4202.

Drive pressures should help you figure out where the gates need to be set

Klutch

Reaction score
No spray. Dragonfire single pump with 75% nozzles. I'm aware the nozzles are large for that pump, but that's what I have.

What ya think on the 35, in the 30psi range?

If the 4202 can get up to 60psi with this setup, what should I set it for?

What is a good back pressure ratio?

Thx.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have 40psi worth of spring in the gate bypassing the secondary and feeding the primary plus some air hold the gate shut. Just drive it and adjust the gates until you are happy with the ebp/boost readings.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I don't think you will ever need to use the gate bypassing the atmo but since you are running one I would set it at around 80psi ebp.

Klutch

Reaction score
I can watch back pressure to set the gate to dump into down pipe(dump around the 42). To set the gate on the 35 might be tough using back pressure to get an idea, wouldn't it? I gotta think on that one..

Jonnydime

Reaction score
When I tuned mine I added a boost and ebp gauge the the atmo and the ratio was always 1:1 so you could probably get away with just a boost gauge.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so either but I guess it depends on the housing on the 4202. I think you can get up to a T6 1.44 but as small as a T4 1.01

TyCorr

Reaction score
And would you dump the gate on the secondary into the turbine side of the first stage? Or run the dump to the exhaust downpipe since there's gobs of fuel spooling the setup?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I dump to the atmo. When I was building my setup I was going to run a second gate to the down pipe but found it unnecessary after driving the truck for awhile.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gotcha. I know most people do it that way just wondered if the dump was needed to the atmo. Must be if you didnt need gate.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No, I hear ya. I understand. Theres a lot of setups where people are gating off sooo much its like why run all that through just to blow it on out the back.

Latest posts

Members online