Waste gate settings for a 35r and 4202r?

Klutch

Reaction score
Just took it for a rip. Max boost is about 72psi. Back pressure reads 87, but either the factory pressure sensor only reads to 87 or it's the dash daq I use for monitoring.

So should I be pushing the 4202 up to 72psi or should I back it off?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
You need to run a boost gauge on the primary turbo as well so you can see the difference. Don't dash daq's read psia and not psig.

Klutch

Reaction score
Yes that's right total. Makes sense. I'll see about adding a gauge after primary. I'll check the dash daq as well. What does absolute tell me other than adding atmosphere to gauge pressure ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I think they only read the exhaust in psia and boost in psig. If that is the case your boost to back pressure is nearly 1:1.

Klutch

Reaction score
Yes gotcha. I just checked you're right. Exhaust is psia. You can get both on on boost tho. My 72psi boost reading is from my waste gate controller. So it is psig. Seems like the dash daq stops reading at 87 on the exhaust. So not real sure what bp is. Could be higher. I guess I could keep setting the waste gate lower and lower until I see the bp change lower off 87.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
That's why I ran stand alone boost and back pressure gauges when dialing in my setup.

Klutch

Reaction score
For bp, did you tee off somehow off the factory bp location?

Gotta say, today was the first day running the GH tunes, and it ran pretty hard!

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I ran a separate bp sensor off of the intermediate pipe to read the back pressure in between stages. As for overall back pressure I used the factory gauge but since I am running a minimax it subtracts atmosphere for you. I know for a fact my factory gauge reads higher than 87psia since I regularly see around 80psig.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Now that you have me thinking about it I will tie my aftermarket ebp sensor into up pipe to compare readings.

Latest posts

Members online