wastegate regulator question

patrickpsd

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my exhaust back pressure below 78-82 psi. I have a line from the intercooler pipe to the back side of the waste gate. And a t in that line going to the regulator then from the regulator to the front of the wastgate. No matter of I adjust the regulator I run 78-82 psi ebp and 55ish psi boost. Most people i see say you should run a 1-1 boost and ebp to get the most power out of the truck. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-15-19-59-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-15-19-59-40.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 76

Cknox121

Reaction score
Hook it in the top side of the regulator only. So go from boost reference to regulator and then to the top of the wastegate. Remove lower "air" plugs. Remove the T

sootie

Reaction score
run regulated boost to the top, leave the side open. close the regulator all the way. drive pressure will then open the gate early. start opening the regulator until you reach your desired ebp

patrickpsd

Reaction score
They way I have to right now there's exhaust pressure and boost pressure pushing it open and it still won't open

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
If you take away boost pressure to the top port and you still have pressure to the bottom port and the WG still isn't opening, there is either a crazy heavy spring in it or something is stuck.

Got any pictures of the WG install?

patrickpsd

Reaction score
I pulled the cover off to make it wasn't stuck and it was a pain in the ass to bolt back on with the spring pressure. And that was with cab off. Not think I would be able to bolt it back on in the truck. So maybe to much pressure.? Idk how to post pictures on here

madman1234509

Reaction score
Definitely don't need two springs plus air pressure. I'm running 2 springs with no pressure and its a tad too tight. Run one spring, and run the regulator to the top and the side port opened, as mentioned above.

sootie

Reaction score
Definitely don't need two springs plus air pressure. I'm running 2 springs with no pressure and its a tad too tight. Run one spring, and run the regulator to the top and the side port opened, as mentioned above.

wow. you got converted! :toast:

Pan4905

Reaction score
My waste gate is setup with the top port open, and regulated boost to the bottom port, with the heaviest set of springs in the gate. I see a max of 69 psi ebp and a max of 49 psi boost. It's a precision gate that dumps into the downpipe that I got from street diesel performance. It's plumbed how their diagram said to do it. Before the waste gate, my h&s would max out easily at 72psi
Is this way okay, or is regulated boost to the top better? I have an elite 72mm atmosphere and always thought I should be making more boost than 49 psi. what spring rate should be used if running regulated boost to the top?

Latest posts

Members online