Water hook up on GTX

AzPsd55

Reaction score
I was wondering if the top line coming from the water pump to the heater core is the right one to put the incoming water to the turbo. And the bottom line coming from the heater core to the motor would work as the return line.

If not which way should I rout it, I don't want to mess up lines I'm having made
Thx,

Attachments

• IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Here you can see how mine is hooked up.

attachment.jpg

The hose coming across the HPOP come from the back of the turbo and goes to the water pump. The hose also has some heat wrap close to the turbo as a precaution.
Hope this helps

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Here you can see how mine is hooked up.

attachment.jpg

The hose coming across the HPOP come from the back of the turbo and goes to the water pump. The hose also has some heat wrap close to the turbo as a precaution.
Hope this helps

So you have yours running backwards from what i thuoght, or does your's enter the back of the turbo and out of the front?

TARM

Reaction score
Flow needs to be from bottom to top but the actual main cooling which comes at shut down is via thermal syphoning.

AzPsd55

Reaction score
I understand that cooling is happening after shut down, and is critical then. I just didn't want to get it hooked up backwards.
But after a little research, I found that the line coming from the block to the heater core is the cold line I need to tap in. And the line coming from the heater core to the top of the water pump is the return.

Again thx for your help guys

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah I went from the cold line to the back and the hot line to the front with the turbo turned toward the back so the cold line enters below the warm line.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.