Water/Meth turbo selection

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I'm looking into the Snow Performance stage 3 water meth kit and was wondering if a 72 atmo would be sufficient to push the extra horses. Or even if my stock fuel system would be able to keep up past that point. No need for wasted money that could be put elsewhere. I hope I've explained my inquiry well enough.
pa7aja6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Water meth does absolutely nothing with there trucks testing has shown. There was a write up in Diesel Power magazine with the testing as well. Didn't do squat. Save your money.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know why some respond well and say the 6.4 could care less? Efficency in modern motors increasing??

turbos already do too much of the compression. me and bft did the dp mag testing and literally gained nothing, cept a headache.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Ok. I'm trying to see how far I can push the MPG of my truck. The power is welcome and fun. I'm looking at a ported intake and the 72 right now. Any other suggestions for what may help. I do not want to worry about raising my EGTS with propane. Can NOS Be applied in the manner water meth and used for economy purposes in moderation

Dan177

Reaction score
It's a 8,000lb Brick! MPG's will never be good at that weight, and how
aerodynamic a truck isn't. I don't think you'll recoup the cost of the aftermarket parts with the fuel savings. Your best bet would be lowered, skinny tires, reduced weight, and use the skinny pedal a little as possible. But that does not sound fun to me.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well my inquiry is because my old company has a crew cab dually flat bed 4x4 that use to get 25mpg on the highway and had a sick turbine sound from the exhaust. I don't know what they did to it but it ran better then my current 6.4 and I've dropped a few bucks into mine already. I just wanna see if I can get to 25mpg myself

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Well my inquiry is because my old company has a crew cab dually flat bed 4x4 that use to get 25mpg on the highway and had a sick turbine sound from the exhaust. I don't know what they did to it but it ran better then my current 6.4 and I've dropped a few bucks into mine already. I just wanna see if I can get to 25mpg myself

Was this going off the lie-o-meter or hand calculated. Mine on the highway will sometimes show 22-23 but I know that's untrue

sootie

Reaction score
25mpg is a dream.

in addition to what you have stated, i would purchase all the no limit fab goodies to complete your air upgrades.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
If I can not attain 25 mpg I understand. Like I said. I do not know what the company did to that other truck. It sounded unlike any other 6.4 I've ever heard in person or on you tube. Wicked cool music to the ears. I just wanted to see if I could match its economy.

Latest posts

Members online