water seperater drain?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
reading on this and there seems to be a lot of different views on this...just trying to get some clarification. fuel filters shouldnt be bad as theyve only had 7000 miles i just read this is supposed to be drained frequently...how are you suppoed to drain it? get new gaskets and bolts for it? just turn the lever and let it drain for a little bit? pretty confused

Spatel23

Reaction score
Just turn the yellow lever and let it drain.

Sometimes they take a minute to start draining. If it doesn't start draining after a minute turn the key to on.

greasltn

Reaction score
Some people drain it once a month, some once a week, some everytime they fuel up. It all depends on the quality of fuel you get, but I'd check it at least once a month to see.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
^^ Once a month is better than a lot of owners so that is what I go with as well. Be careful if you haven't drained in a while I usually soak the lever with a little bit of penetrating lube as all the little gaps fill with road crap and a few people have broken their lever, not cool. Spray with some lube for a day then the next day crawl under, hook up a clear line and slowly move the lever, if you get resistance go back and forth slowly till it goes further. I have a feeling on my truck it was a non-checked item, mine was super tough the first time but moves like butter now.

Echo

Reaction score
If your drain lever is stuck loosen the 3 bolts around the lever and it should help free up the lever without breaking it. Just make sure to tighten them back up when you are done.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.