We can rebuild it

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thought I would start a new thread for the motor.

I heard from Hallers this morning. What they can see so far with a scope is #3 piston has a hole dead center in it about 1" in diameter. It is stuck in the cylinder, not connected to the rod at all. It looks like it could be a material failure, but that is speculation. We will know what happened more thoroughly when it is torn down. The injector is missing the tip, but they think the Dragon Fire pump is ok. That head is shot and we will know if anything else broke once they get into it.

They are thinking I will need a completely rebuilt motor. They have been talking with Elite and we will see what happens.

Last edited:

pog

Reaction score
ohhhhhhh man. this is gonna be good. good luck with it erik!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
ohhhhhhh man. this is gonna be good. good luck with it erik!

I think it is gonna be freekin expensive not so good. I probably won't change anything to my current setup, hell I haven't any time to enjoy my new set up since it was put in back in April, I think. TQ, then couple of weeks later this.

pog

Reaction score
just think about when you have it back and running strong. itll all be worth it lol

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I think it is gonna be freekin expensive not so good. I probably won't change anything to my current setup, hell I haven't any time to enjoy my new set up since it was put in back in April, I think. TQ, then couple of weeks later this.

its good that its rebuildable and wont be as much damage as it was thought to be

but..still that sucks

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Not connected to the rod, as in wrist pin failure? Rebuild may run more than used? Crunch those numbers. Elite should start having remanned crate motors ready for you west coast boys :wtf: But seriously that suks, but it could always be worse. Good luck come time of total teardown. Keep us posted.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
its good that its rebuildable and wont be as much damage as it was thought to be

but..still that sucks

You are right, I was thinking of having to buy a new motor and rebuilding it. :eek: Hopefully it won't be as bad as I was originally fearing. Be interesting to see what they think caused the failure, maybe I can stop kicking myself in the ass for blaming myself for the failure.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Not connected to the rod, as in wrist pin failure? Rebuild may run more than used? Crunch those numbers. Elite should start having remanned crate motors ready for you west coast boys :wtf: But seriously that suks, but it could always be worse. Good luck come time of total teardown. Keep us posted.

Why the rod disconnected isn't known yet. They could see that the piston was disconnected when turning it over and using their viewing device. I will have to see what is the best route to go $$$ wise when we start to crunch the numbers. CA environment destroys motors, Freek'n tree hungers are at it again!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i GOT some pictures earlier, want me to post em Erik?

Sucks buddy, you do have some options right now... i know i would be looking for a junkyard motor... because im a cheap ass like that LOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
i GOT some pictures earlier, want me to post em Erik?

Sucks buddy, you do have some options right now... i know i would be looking for a junkyard motor... because im a cheap ass like that LOL

Yeah Dustin post up the pics, Mikes dad said that Mike was going to send them to me. I was thinking the same but don't know of many. There is a place that can search nation wide I believe, will have to look into this. What options? Junk motor or something else?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
2011-09-149511-50-3095992.jpg

Resampled952011-09-149511-53-049525.jpg

2011-09-149511-32-3095783.jpg

Resampled952011-09-149511-30-5095766.jpg

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Yeah Dustin post up the pics, Mikes dad said that Mike was going to send them to me. I was thinking the same but don't know of many. There is a place that can search nation wide I believe, will have to look into this. What options? Junk motor or something else?

Eric i must have sent them to the wrong number. I was wondering why you didnt respond back. pm me your correct number

mike@haller's

Reaction score
That #3 piston seized in the bore and the rod and wrist pin ripped right out of the center of it. We'll see for sure what all the damage is once the head is off. The other 7 piston are all intact though

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That #3 piston seized in the bore and the rod and wrist pin ripped right out of the center of it. We'll see for sure what all the damage is once the head is off. The other 7 piston are all intact though

That is strange how it stuck there and ripped itself apart. Maybe the hose popping off had more to do with it? But I drove it 3 hrs or so after, wouldn't it sieze right then? Thinking out loud. Is 230 or 240 degrees hot enough to f chit up this bad? PM sent

Latest posts

Members online