Weird turbo noise

nick0360

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me being anal but when truck is cold I got a weird wine from the turbo when spooling, it goes away when truck is up to temp should I be worried? Also I was working under truck today right after shutting it off and noticed a noise every 30 seconds or so like some sort of electronics were still up and running last for about 5 minutes keys outta ignition too like I said maybe I'm just thinking into it to much but I don't know, oh and it's a 2012 6.7 with 33k

DWhite

Reaction score
I also have the weird electronics noise coming from under the cab once and awhile after it is shut off. At first I thought it was related to the dpf but all that is gone and it still does it once and a great while at random.

hunter_.b

Reaction score
That noise is normal on my 11 the part that makes the noise went bad and it was real loud as soon as I get my truck back I will post a pic of what part I'm talking about

nick0360

Reaction score
Woah definitely not that, its faint just sounds like something is still getting power some sort of electronic but that's all, anyone have the weird turbo whine while driving truck cold?

Azraie218

Reaction score
correct me if im wrong, but im almost positave thats the turbo vanes being closed your hearing during your first warm up especially if its cold out, it aids quicker engine heat, have a listen to you exhaust ( if your deleted) it should sound like a jet, once the motor is up to temp the exhaust pitch will change to more if a rumble and the whining and odd turbo sound will go away.... when i first heard mine a few years ago i was worried.... then i started playing deteciave its completely normal.

05PSD

Reaction score
It's not the turbo vanes, it is the wastegate solenoid. Mine did it and was replaced and is doing it again after 15K.

Azraie218

Reaction score
That sound in the video isn't normal, I should have been more clear I was answering some one else's question, my bad lol about a weird turbo whine while cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online