Well.... Back at the dealership again.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
I had to take my truck back to the dealership, 3 times in less then 2 months, for some work. Hopefully it will all be under warrenty.

My steering box is leaking fluid all over and i have a minor engine oil leak under the cab.

Anyone else had issues with the steering box?

Truck only has about 12,000 miles on it.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Powerstrokin15 had his box on his 09 take a dump then the new one was bad also.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well you are running quite tall and wide wheel and tire combination.... Probably not nice on the steering box... I can't imagine that will be warrantied...

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Well with less then 12,000 on the clock and half that without the lift on. I cant imagine that the box would go bad. I baby that truck and have never even rallied offroad or anything yet. I know plenty of guys with 38's and 40's who have had no problems. The dealership i go to is pretty decent so i think they will take care of me. Plus they all love my truck so i hope that helps. We will see.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Well rear main leaking oil. Not sure if they can cover that under warrenty due to the fact that they have to take off a bunch of aftermarket stuff and it is labor intensive so we will see.

But they are covering the steering box for sure, only this one time they said though! I am just happy that got covered the leak is very minor and i dont think it is a big deal. Will it just get worse over time though?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I had one go out running 35's like stated. they ordered one-it took a week to come in. once it got there it was totally bad. they ordered another. took a week and a half to come in and was ok. I was told ford is shipping one a month to each dealership. soooo apparently there's a problem.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
:whs:
I have seen a increasing number of gear box issues on low milage trucks, and also removed and bad box only to install a even worst replacment box. Engineering is working on a updated case I'm told.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Oh great, haha well he says he will only replace it once so hopefully they get it right, only time will tell. What are my aftermarket options on that steering box?

CDUBYA

Reaction score
I bet the rear main is just weeping and that's normal as they aren't a perfect seal it seems.

Yeah thats what it is doing he said they would replace it i just am not sure if that will fix it or not. Maybe I should just have them leave it be.

White_monster

Reaction score
I would. They will have to pull the cab, pull the trans, remove the flex plate then change the seal. They might do it cab on. Mines been like yours for 65,000miles with no problems. I'd say leave it

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Well yeah thats what i am worried about. I have so much aftermarket **** on there too that i am worried they will fauk something up putting it back together ya know. I should have just kept my mouth shut to them about that. haha

Layson

Reaction score
I would be irritated with a truck with that low of miles leaking oil.... that just isn't right.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Yeah thats why at first i was a little pissed about the leak under there. & becuase the steering box was going bad. Now it makes sense what you guys are saying it isnt a terrible leak but the tech said he doesnt have to do it cab off so i guess we will see what happens.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I had to replace the steering box on my 06 and its been fine since. They did it cab on. Not sure if the 6.4's different though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.