Well I think it's safe to say my Cam...

Gearhead

Reaction score
I just dont think the changes of the stock re grind cam compared to stock are agressive enough to make a difference to need special tuning

You can make substantial changes with a regrind since you are trimming off the base circle. I don't know on these though but on my 7.3 cams if you don't do some trimming on the heads I usually recommend longer pushrods to make up for what comes off the base circle.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Yea both, who made the one that did not spec out and who made the one you currently have?

Well I'm not going to tell who the first one was from because they are a vendor and do make tons of great stuff and I'm sure they had someone make it for them and I don't know who that would be. As far as the one I bought and put in my truck it was from Colt Cams.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
So that's why you sent it back. LOL The EDE stage 1 cam is almost identical to the Colt Cam. Each is barely larger than stock. The cam Bigr has had excellent luck with was the same grind as the cam you returned.

Tadd came straight out and said it was his cam FWIW

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to tell who the first one was from because they are a vendor and do make tons of great stuff and I'm sure they had someone make it for them and I don't know who that would be. As far as the one I bought and put in my truck it was from Colt Cams.

Funny, colt makes the cam the OP is having problems with.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
Steve said Colt makes the cams the OP was having issues with. Does anyone else know who makes cams for some of the other diesel companies? Who does Tadd use for his cams? For the record I don't know much at all about cams I was just going off of the information given to me by my engine builder.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
So that's why you sent it back. LOL The EDE stage 1 cam is almost identical to the Colt Cam. Each is barely larger than stock. The cam Bigr has had excellent luck with was the same grind as the cam you returned.

Why did you change it and call it the same thing then? LOL LOL LOL Tadd we already went through this once why can't you let it die.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You guys and your cams.

You can't drive stock turbos harder, they already are overdriven with a 300hp tune. That's why you need a wastegate if your trying to get the max potential out of small compounds. Some one want to tell me that wastegating doesn't make more power?

How can you say that a stage one anything is too big? There's is barely enough change in the profile to make a tangible difference. If there was someone with true dyno numbers that only changed their cam and nothing else lost power please stand up. How can anyone think that opening your valves slightly longer to let more air into the combustion chamber is bad is beyond me.

On a mostly stock engine your not gonna see a huge difference. But they do broaden the power range. And they do make a power difference. Bigger turbos and fuel will make them shine even more What floors me if people saying there is no gain with anything over stock valve train. Seriously?

I guess push rods don't deflect?

I guess more duration or lift in the right spots doesn't let more air film your cylinders?

I guess stock springs hold back 100psi without unseating?

I guess for all the non believers you can take your stock engines. I guess there's no other way to make power other than the way it came out the factory.

To the op. this was not directed solely at you. But it sounds that you have a leak somewhere. And to just up and blame the cam out of all things for no other reason than you figure it must be it because nothing else can go wrong? I don't buy it for a second.

I've seen good running cammed 6.4's walk all over stock ones with the same mods.

My brothers truck is a prime example.
Stock fuel and injectors, stock turbos. Has a small cam. And it absolutely runs. Hands down the best running stock 6.4 I've ever rode in.

And he's got a new long block with cam, but 180k injectors and turbos original to the truck. Blows the tires off at 55mph and its a crew cab. It must be a freak. Because if its losing power with that cam then my stock cammed ccsb with the same gears and tires should run with it right? Same tunes, Same color even. He can literally toy with me when I'm WOT and then get bored and floor his and walk away from me.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
isn't the other thing, not exactly who makes the cam, but who spec's the cam??

i know the numbers i have from my cam, are not close to your rcd cam.

the cam maker is just that, the cam maker. the other question you should pose, is who spec'd it. who cares who made it. colt/crane etc etc.

if rcd spec'd the same thing from both companies, it would be the same cam, different manufacturer.

did they play with seperation? center line?

center line is usually thought of as proprietary info, at least thats a number they wouldn't give me, and i was good with that. i know i have more seperation as well, as that was also a factor in how hard it drives the turbo's.

food for thought.

twisted stroke

Reaction score
I was not saying colt cams or the rdc cam is not worth changing I was wondering if colt cams regrinded the cam.
I also think king kong is running a rcd cam if I believe that's what I heard .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.