What am I missing?

Irontx

Reaction score
Ok yall, help a brother out here. I keep getting a random contribution code after I accelerate hard. Say like 60-70 percent throttle. Bucks and jerks. Won't get out of its own way. Now here's what's funny, if I shut it off, starts up and running perfect. If I don't get on it, it won't throw a code. Thing is, it's not always the same cylinder. I changed injector harnesses once already. FICM voltage is perfect all throughout. Holding great ICP . Question is, can my FICM be bad, even when on the surface everything looks good? Would it randomly cause an injector to under perform ? I'm to the point I wanna just get a new harness and FICM. Anyone ever had one do this?!?! I thought about load testing the harness, just seems kinda pointless when it's never the same injector. Which makes me lean towards FICM. Open for input fellas .

Reaction score
Check the ground wire on the injector harness. I've had a few FICMs kill the logic board but that shuts the whole truck down. What about the connectors to the FICM? Are all the lock taps there and clipped in?

Irontx

Reaction score
Last time I plugged them in, they felt kinda weak. I got positive clicks, but the plug itself was starting to kinda separate. The square ends where the seam is.

Irontx

Reaction score
Probably what I'll end up doing. I swear.... it's always something! !! Lol.

Latest posts

Members online