what batteries?

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I have XS batteries on my platinum(I believe D6500), which were first bought and put on my '96 3 years ago. I have run them down completely several times by playing stereo too long, went through a couple of bad alternators, and they seem to be doing really well thus far. I have been very pleased an hope they last for a long time to come, and if they do I will probably buy more when the time comes for some on other vehicles.

Reaction score
950 CCA interstates...they been in my truck for 6 years..truck has been dead for 1 1/2..took one of the of the interstates and put it right into my jeep a couple weeks ago..she fired right up....i never run any thing else but interstates

Last edited:

birdco85

Reaction score
The Costco ones cost less than $100 a piece and if you ever think they are bad within your warranty period take then back and they will give you new ones without checking the old ones. I have then and love them. Just take then back at 35 months and nothing to worry about. Plus they are 950 or 1000 cca. Can't remember which

Sent from my Droid RAZR because I told it to...

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
Previous owner put Interstates in a few months before purchase. Now nearly 2 years later they are getting weak. Replaced under warranty no questions asked. In and out in under 10 minutes, and they did all the work.

DaGuru

Reaction score
After replacing auto-zone yellow tops in the Ex each year for three years running (junk can't take the heat) I switched to Optima Yellow tops and have been good for almost three years so far. I ran Optima Red tops in my 250 without trouble for several years then sold the truck. One of the Interstate batts in my 450 died so I'm now running a pair of Die Hard Platinum AGM. Same price as Optima with a slightly better warranty if memory serves...

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Bought two yellow tops. Had them in three years now. My other car has had a yellow top for 11 years and has never let me down. I know they are expensive as hell. Topped them off with a 200a alternator.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.