What BOV you runnin?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The only two people I know that ran bd blow offs had problems. One was on my.buddies 6.4 worked for 2 weeks then would randomly work on occasion. Then it began to leak boost.

The other was on the 900hp compounded Cummins I went to the truck jam with last fall. Same with his, worked for a month or two and now will blow off randomly once in a great while. That truck doesn't see dirt or salt either.

Mine worked for a couple of years until it gave me fits. I did the same as Blk350 but had to take the bov valve apart cause it was bleeding boost off constantly. I put a couple of big washers in it to space it out to make it pretty much a mechanical valve.
Upon thinking about it I am going to run one in some shape or fashion. With the kind of boost etc I will be seeing I think it is smarter to error on the side of caution.

Well now I am getting the Tial update and running it instead.

Last edited:

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
yup, and wastegates.

http://www.tialsport.com/index.php/tial-products/bovs/46-tialbvq

I'd go w/ the Q 50mm. Good for 1800HP, w/ a 2" port.

That looks like a very nice piece. I read the info but did not see a maximum boost pressure listed there and im un sure of what the different spring pressures listed mean. I called Tial but there were the most un helpful company ive ever spoke to. I just wanted to make sure it would work before I ordered it.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Ok, it looks like I need a specific spring depending on how much vacuum I have at an idle. Would anyone happen to have an answer for this or does it vary? I wont see my truck again for over a week to check it myself and would like to order this BOV asap.

one2nine

Reaction score
I'm interested in this setup as well, but I'd like to hear some feedback from someone running it before I would personally run it.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The JGS looks nice also. Tad bit cheaper to. It also said it has 4 different springs to adjust depending on your vacuum...

madman1234509

Reaction score
Make sure you buy the diesel specific bov from jgs. Their site only lists one as a "diesel" model, order it with the particulate filter, regulator and what not

VanoFord

Reaction score
That looks like a very nice piece. I read the info but did not see a maximum boost pressure listed there and im un sure of what the different spring pressures listed mean. I called Tial but there were the most un helpful company ive ever spoke to. I just wanted to make sure it would work before I ordered it.

The springs are what determine thepressure at which they will blow off. Once the unit is on your system it is easy to swap springs. I believe they make a 50lb spring but don't quote me. As far as customer service, you are better off callin a known supplier and talkin to them as they are usually builders as well.

My buddy was running a 44mm on his vw mark iii pushing 400+ at the wheels running upwards of 40psi. We were gonna put a 50 on my 4.6 TT build before I jumped to a diesel.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The springs are what determine thepressure at which they will blow off. Once the unit is on your system it is easy to swap springs. I believe they make a 50lb spring but don't quote me. As far as customer service, you are better off callin a known supplier and talkin to them as they are usually builders as well.

My buddy was running a 44mm on his vw mark iii pushing 400+ at the wheels running upwards of 40psi. We were gonna put a 50 on my 4.6 TT build before I jumped to a diesel.

40 psi and 400hp... in a VR6? a VR6 will make 400 hp with less than 40psi.

VanoFord

Reaction score
40 psi and 400hp... in a VR6? a VR6 will make 400 hp with less than 40psi.

I never said a vr6. It was a mark 2 now that I'm thinkin better. I always get confused on those old vw's. The 2.0L 16v 4banger was pushin 400+ on 40psi.

L-VW-Mk2-Golf-G60.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.