What else?

austin229

Reaction score
So my hpfp is going out... had rail pressure issues (losing nearly all pressure at shift and only holds 18-19k at wot). I checked low pressure and is good, so the cab is coming up and going to put a stock one back in... I have decided to go with a single instead of upgraded compounds for money and purpose of the truck (I drive it twice a week, and it hooks to a trailer rarely). What else should I do to it. 600-700hp is fine for now, I would like more later. I will rarely race or hook to a sled... I just want something fun to drive here and there. Would I be fine leaving it as it is stock bottom and top end with a 366 or should I put more money in it now and stud it and put springs, rocker arms, and pushrods in it while the cab is up

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
You should do studs at minimal I would say.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

johnp115

Reaction score
The cab is coming up? So just do it the right way and take the heads off and make sure they are checked. No sense of doing it the wrong way especially if your cab is already coming up.

austin229

Reaction score
if I'm pulling the heads should I go to a 15% over injector for a single, I am not upgrading the hpfp... too much bad with the dragon fire... After thinking about it I had rather do it all at once than keep having to lift the cab, as I will have this truck for a while.

RSK

Reaction score
So my hpfp is going out... had rail pressure issues (losing nearly all pressure at shift and only holds 18-19k at wot). I checked low pressure and is good, so the cab is coming up and going to put a stock one back in... I have decided to go with a single instead of upgraded compounds for money and purpose of the truck (I drive it twice a week, and it hooks to a trailer rarely). What else should I do to it. 600-700hp is fine for now, I would like more later. I will rarely race or hook to a sled... I just want something fun to drive here and there. Would I be fine leaving it as it is stock bottom and top end with a 366 or should I put more money in it now and stud it and put springs, rocker arms, and pushrods in it while the cab is up

I would absolutely do rocker arms, lifters, hd push rods, valve springs and pistons.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Doesn't require cab off but an aftermarket lift pump with better filters should be better for your new pump.

:whs: I would 6.0 exhaust manny and upgraded up pipes. Doing studs the right way would cost $300-500 to check the heads including magnaflux and deck, gaskets are about $200 IIRC.

Latest posts

Members online