what happened to the procharge craze?

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I know dustins experience wasn't great, but I've driven and towed with a few procharged trucks and I like them a lot! I think the problem with the 6.4 was tuning

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Talk with Doug at GoGo, he is working on it. The problem that I know of was sizing the pullies correctly to spin the supercharger properly in the limited RPM range of the diesel engines. I believe he has some solutions in mind though.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I had problems spinning the procharger hard enough to feed my gt42, with dual fuelers, and not break serpentine belts. To make two stages work you really need about 20 psi from the first stage to make around 50 total boost, all i was seeing from the procharger was about 5 psi which would be fine in most applications but in twins i just didnt work all that well.

NOW, do you all remember that conversation we had awhile back about running a s510 and stock turbos or a gt55?
Find it here if you are unaware: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3545

Now if you read farther in that thread there is a part where charles talks about running the big turbo at a slower speed to keep boost pressures in check, so he suggests that the big turbo be over 90mm...

F1C procharger inlet is 3.75 inches, which is 95mm...........

That being said i think the procharger would be right at home with stock turbos and just kinda loafing along at a small boost level. AND if you didnt run dual fuelers you could probably get away with a little more boost (i didnt have belt issues untill the dual fuelers worked properly)

I have actually been meaning to add this info to the other thread about a procharger being in place of a big atmospheric turbo because it wouldnt require a down pipe thru the fender well, and the piping would be very simple.

SOOO... someone should try it :D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
LOL

did dustin tell you that?

Buddy will be in town this weekend, ill talk to him more about setting you up if your serious. I know where my old procharger is, and it might be for sale, if your serious about it.

Latest posts

Members online