What oil do you run?

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
So I did a little searching (not real hard) to see if there was a thread on this already, but I came up with nothing. I came across some guys on Facebook with powerstrokes talking about what kind of oil they run in their trucks. I've always ran Rotella Triple T but from what these guys were saying, its some of the worst oil to run in a powerstroke? They had a sheet with a test of different oils and it said that oil degrades the fastest and they were saying its not great for cold weather. What oil does everyone else run? I'll look for the sheet and post it. Just looking to get some feedback as I'm getting ready to change my oil soon and if I can get something that runs better, I will.

Reaction score
CO-OP brand 0w-40. My boss told me to run it as it'll help cold starts, so far so good. Have gotten to minus 20*C nights and it'll still start next morning with a good cycle of the glow plugs. Mind you the '95 is running the same oil and hasn't had similiar luck. Other than that everything else in the yard including the tractors and garden tractor run co-op or case brand 0w-40.

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
CTC, I've heard good things about the Mobil 1. Does it run good for you? I believe its cheaper than Triple T as well.

Atsah

Reaction score
VALVOLINE PREMIUM BLUE EXTREME 5-40 is what most people have had good luck with in 6.0's.. One of my trucks ran good on it and the other ran better on Mobil 1..

I know many people that run Rotella T6 without an issue..

jimdawg185

Reaction score
No threads on oil... Man, I gotta get on that.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I didn't mean it that way, so I hope you didn't take it that way. haha I just meant if there was a thread before mine, I didn't find it. My apologies*

I'm just kidding around bro. No worries at all!

dieselpips

Reaction score
I run jimmys stuff. Just switched over from schaeffer and so far it has been good to my 6.0l. Runs quieter and less stiction during warm up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
What's the going rate for 4 gallons of the the best chit you got for a high mileage, highly abused 6.0?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

5-40 is 155.70 shipped plus tax for 5 gallons and 15-40 is 132.50.

patricku47

Reaction score
I recently switched from Amsoil to Lubrication Engineers and wish I had done it a long time ago! I preach the stuff to anyone that will listen now!

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I run mobil 1 in mine for now since I got it for $12 a gallon on clearance.:flipa: I have 30k with it and archoil and when all is said and done with it I will be around 45k. I will be using jimdawg's when it comes time next and from there after.

04cr450

Reaction score
Delo 400 5w-40 full synthetic. Just switched to this as I ran Mobil 1 5w-40 prior and had bad oil analysis readings.. delo was different readings in a good way- truck also runs alot quieter now. Injectors are definitely quieter. Weird- my truck hates Mobil 1 I guess.

Wamphyri

Reaction score
run rotella t6, last change i did since i was in a bind was rottella t. lets say bad move lol

Towerguy

Reaction score
Rotella t6 with Archoil the last 3 oil changes . Huge improvement over the Rev X in my truck .

I've run RevX and Archoil in my truck, I never noticed any difference between the two other than my wallet. The Archoil was easier on my bank account. They both made a substantial improvement in stiction until up to temperature.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.