What programmer to go with

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Have a coworker that has a 2002 7.3 and he was asking me what he should go with. I have no clue what to tell him. He's not looking for performance. He wants it more for towing and maybe help him with fuel mileage if possible.

mattman347

Reaction score
Your in TX, make a call the Gearhead and they will get you taken care of! Or get the Hydra and you could get tunes from all the good tuners!

SeeYa

Reaction score
Have a coworker that has a 2002 7.3 and he was asking me what he should go with. I have no clue what to tell him. He's not looking for performance. He wants it more for towing and maybe help him with fuel mileage if possible.

If he wants a programmer and not a chip have him look at the INFINITY It does about everything.

If he wants to deal with someone local to him go to Diesel Innovations there in Houston.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey sir. I have custom tuned 6 position chips on sale right now. $350 to your door. Won't take long since you're local! ;)

Chatham036

Reaction score
I love seeing all the support for our HYDRA CHIP!!!

Matt & Larz over at Gearhead Automotive are one of our vendors who also writes custom tunes for our platform :)

If I can help by answering any technical questions, please feel free to ask!

IdahoF350

Reaction score
I'm running an SCT chip and my own tunes on my E99, runs like a scalded dog with minimal smoke. Any SCT dealer can do 7.3 tunes for SCT hardware.

It's just that the TS and now the Hydra are so popular be cause of additional tune capacity and price point, and supported by basically the same software, that they have a more prevalent market presence these days.

Sent by my right thumb!

cbf9703

Reaction score
No programmer. TS 6 position with custom tunes from either swamps, beans, Gearhead, php, no limit, etc

X2 I've been very happy with mine. I've ran both recommended tunes and had live tuning done. It's all about knowing what you want and how you will use the truck.... For example, I swapped out my high idle for a no start tune, serves me better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online