What size tire?

Kenz

Reaction score
I have been trying to decide what size tires to put on my truck. I have a 2011 F250 c/c with stock 18" wheels. The truck seems to sit level and I have air bags in the back. I don't want to lift the truck just want to fill up the wheel wells and get a more aggressive tire and different rims. What is the biggest I can go with without rubbing? I stopped at a local 4x4 shop the other day and all they did was push a lift, but they did mention that the super duty has alignment issues with bigger tires and that I would need to change something in the front end to get it back to proper alignment.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
You only need the alignment pieces if you level or lift it. You could go with a 9 or 10" wide wheel and a 0 or a -12 offset and 35x12.50 tires without a lift or level kit.

Kenz

Reaction score
Thanks White15. Now I need to figure out which wheels to go with. I have been doing some research and can't seem to figure which is best. I have read about guys having cracked rims or holes off center. Any recommendations? I really like the Fuel Kranks. I do pull some heavy loads once in a while and occasionally go off road (nothing serious little bit of rocks and mud to get to my hunting spots)

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I like the looks of fuel kranks. Whatever you go with make sure they have a good weight rating. I had Moto metal 970s and towed a lot. Then found out the wheels were only a 2500lb rated wheel.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Usually a forged rim will be much stronger than a cast rim. But they cost quite bit more. All depends on how you want the truck set up. Do you want it to look lifted or stock or set out any wider like tires out an inch or two to make it look more aggressive. The pieces your shop was talking about was just alignment cams, no big deal to instal. Fords arent hard to align if you buy a half way decent lift that comes with the parts you need. There are tons of pictures all over in these threads if you do some looking to figure out what you are after.

Notneb

Reaction score
With 00 offset you can fit 35's however you'll need to trim because at high approach angles at near full lock, you'll hit your fender liners.

Kenz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I basically want to fill up the wheel wells and give the truck a more aggressive look, but don't want the tires to stick out to far. Talked to a guy the other day that had that and he said in the winter his side mirrors became useless. I am thinking somewhere between 35"-33" in a AT. Don't want to have to do any trimming. Would a 00 offset work? Any recommendations on a good black rim for pulling. Forged are a little pricey.

Notneb

Reaction score
I run a 00 offset 18" TIS 534B rim with SS M16 35" tires, and the outsides of my tires are flush with the fenders. I have no issues with mud, rain, or snow hitting the sides of my truck/mirrors from the tires.

Kenz

Reaction score
So I am assuming you are at stock height? What kind of modifying will I need to do so the tires won't rub when turning? Any pics of your truck that I can see?

Notneb

Reaction score
I'm leveled now, but I had the tires/rims on the truck while it was stock, and trimmed the passenger fender a little due to at full lock to the right with full compression *passenger tire was up on a rise, driver side was in a ditch* it rubbed the liner.

Here's some pics, including the actual OD of the tire:
113_zpsej21suun.jpg

052_zpsizglqzkm.jpg

Here's some older pics, that show you how much they stick out:
026_zpssei7qfil.jpg

027_zpsr62yt0vu.jpg

And here's the tire/rim it's self:
015_zpswpibehvs.jpg

Kenz

Reaction score
Nice truck. When you say trim the passenger fender, do you mean the sheet metal? Wonder if I went down a size like in the 34.5" range if that would clear without rubbing

Notneb

Reaction score
No, it's plastic, just took a straight edge and a razor and trimmed it. You can't tell unless you know what you're looking for. A smaller 35 like a Toyo which is actually 33" OD might work. But no, there is no metal trimming, just the plastic fender liners.

Kenz

Reaction score
Thanks, That will make it easier for me to order this next week and not lose sleep about whether they will work. Now just to decide on a rim.

Notneb

Reaction score
Thanks, That will make it easier for me to order this next week and not lose sleep about whether they will work. Now just to decide on a rim.

Yeah it's pretty easy if you use a zero offset, no matter what rim, just make sure it's not too wide, but if you stick to a 9-10" rim width, you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Members online