What tires does everyone run on their F-450s?

sagebel

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2022 F450. It has Conti HD3 tires all around. They look like a deccent highway tire but I am concerned about traction on snow and on wet grass and in mud. What are the recommended tires? I haven't weighed the truck yet but let's just assume that I will max out the axle weight ratings.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
your options for a serious traction tire on the stock 19.5’s are limited, if you go 20 or 22’s you can find some decent 12 ply tires out there but the wear difference is going to be noticeable. I have 37x13.5r22’s on my 2008 459 and haul heavy and pull heavy, and they wear much faster than the stocks on my 2021 f550 that doesn’t go anywhere without being loaded to the gvwr- at least. Fwiw the only time the contis on the dump truck ever got stuck was when I was buried to the frame in a cranberry bog. It goes fine in all the snow and muddy clay job sites we have around here.

Diesel625

Reaction score
The only true mt tires I’ve seen for 19.5s are remolds by treadwright. They’re similar to the Goodyear mtr. I’ve ran them on one of my duramax trucks years ago with no issues.

sagebel

Reaction score
After running Goodyear Duratracs on my 2021 F350 SRW, I will never buy anything from Goodyear again. The tires wore like shit and weren't that great off road.

Members online

No members online now.