What's left to keep my EGT's down?

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
2015 6.7.

My goal with this truck is to not have to switch tunes when I pull 10k or less.

SCT X4 with gear heads tunes(I run the hottest tune)
Flo Pro 5" exhaust wit *** ******
No Limit Intake
No Limit EGR ****** plates

I'm using a CTS2 with their EGT probe placed in No Limit ****** plates.

From 0-80mph I'm seeing 1550-1600 on a 95-100 degree day.

I should today be getting the No Limit intercooler, and i'm looking to purchase the mishimoto aftercooler.

What else can I do? Am I stuck with upgrading to something like a streetmax turbo?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
2015 6.7.

No Limit Intake

I should today be getting the No Limit intercooler, and i'm looking to purchase the mishimoto aftercooler.

What else can I do? Am I stuck with upgrading to something like a streetmax turbo?

Doesn't really matter what you do. If I'm towing 10K or around there with my Streetmax turbo and have to get on it with my hot tune on, your still going to see high EGT's. I don't actually know what my EGT's could get to with my hot tune on and towing since I've never tried it lol. Best bet is to run your "Tow" tune and not get your EGT's to 1550-1600 as that will eventually cause a premature failure.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
LOL these aren't encouraging responses.

Normally all I pull is my open 20' car hauler with one of my race cars(maybe 6000lbs) I'm just trying to get it so I don't have to swap tunes all the time with my SCT.

Maybe ill have to start looking into the SOTF setups :/

c63 AMG

Reaction score

Normally all I pull is my open 20' car hauler with one of my race cars(maybe 6000lbs) I'm just trying to get it so I don't have to swap tunes all the time with my SCT.

Do it so easy and convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score

I've always had SOTF. Never felt the struggle haha. :jammin:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
1600 degrees on a race tune towing with a stock turbo is pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP at this point because most of my hauling usually happens about 2X a week can be around 12-14k lbs between trailer, machine's weight & supplies. I run P!P's street tune (level 2) with my SCT X4 and I don't want to have to unload and reload those tunes each time I tow. But majority (80%) of the truck's miles are unloaded just running around town and I know the Race (level 4) would be my best bet.

DSMRacing1 do you have any dyno numbers with that 65.5 streetmax R setup by chance & the piping?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP at this point because most of my hauling usually happens about 2X a week can be around 12-14k lbs between trailer, machine's weight & supplies. I run P!P's street tune (level 2) with my SCT X4 and I don't want to have to unload and reload those tunes each time I tow. But majority (80%) of the truck's miles are unloaded just running around town and I know the Race (level 4) would be my best bet.

DSMRacing1 do you have any dyno numbers with that 65.5 streetmax R setup by chance & the piping?

i always tell people if you think you are gonna regret not having sotf just onve , you probably will , especially if you tow often .

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

The streetmax is good for 600-650 hp depending on dyno if you have enough fuel.. Otherwise it'll make whatever your injection pump will support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score

Last weekend at the NHRDA diesel drags here in Edmonton, there was the same dyno I used when I had the stock SST turbo. I was pissed when they said they can't take anymore people since they were full. :mad:

Bunch of kids booked in with their old first and second gen dodges making 300whp tops lol. But the top truck that day was just below 1900hp and I missed it too haha.

I was hoping to get a stock fuel dyno with the streetmax and then eventually slap on the midwest dual fuelers when the oilfield picks up and then re-dyno it to see the difference. Like Six Sloww said, if I was around the 600hp mark with stock fuel I would have been plenty happy as I made 500 at the wheels on this dyno with the stock turbo...

Last edited:

ABMax24

Reaction score
2015 6.7.

No Limit Intake

Water/Methanol Injection

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Thanks sixx_slow and dsmracing1 for the input. I feel like it'd be a great step up for a daily driven truck that still has to tow and perform like i'd need it to

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Well I talked to Jeremy @ No Limit and ordered a SPAR<>TAN with SOTF... It like the best solution to my problem of switching tunes back and fourth.

Got my No Limit Intercooler yesterday and it's a nice piece. Should be installing my new tuning setup and intercooler friday morning.

Last edited:

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Thanks sixx_slow and dsmracing1 for the input. I feel like it'd be a great step up for a daily driven truck that still has to tow and perform like i'd need it to

No problem, I tow a lot and it lowered my EGT's by a solid 200 or so from my factory 14 turbo. And then there is the whistle too haha.

Well I talked to Jeremy @ No Limit and ordered a SPAR<>TAN with SOTF... It like the best solution to my problem of switching tunes back and fourth.

Got my No Limit Intercooler yesterday and it's a nice piece. Should be installing my new tuning setup and intercooler friday morning.

Nice, your gonna love it. My town is full of diesel trucks and I love being able to turn it up a notch and have a little fun lol. Then kick it back to tow and hook up to the toy hauler. The NL intercooler is a solid piece and you'll notice a little drop in EGT's and a little better spool up too.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
No problem, I tow a lot and it lowered my EGT's by a solid 200 or so from my factory 14 turbo. And then there is the whistle too haha.

Nice, your gonna love it. My town is full of diesel trucks and I love being able to turn it up a notch and have a little fun lol. Then kick it back to tow and hook up to the toy hauler. The NL intercooler is a solid piece and you'll notice a little drop in EGT's and a little better spool up too.

This is just my daily and not my "fast car". I guess it will be fun to maybe do some diesel racing lol.

These are some of the cars I normally tow..

Red viper is heads/cam/exhaust/nitrous. Silver is exhaust and paxton blower
20160704_1020431.jpg

Sleeved motor, built trans, twin turbos. Over 1100rwhp.
FB_IMG_1466306494644.jpg

Sleeved motor, built trans, 9", twin turbos etc. Over 1300rwhp, should be 1500rwhp with the new setup getting put in now..
IMG_5289.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.