Whats the problem?

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
i have a problem , being that there is a slight oil drip on the bottom of the oil pan dripping from the drain plug. I have changed the plug numerous times so i don't think it can be the plug anymore, what else could be the problem , what else do i look for?.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would suggest you get a fumoto valve, clean it all up really good with brake clean and use some grey permatex on the threads.

JDub

Reaction score
Is their any signs of it running down the sides of the pan? The dipstick nut on the side of the pan is very prone to leaking over time...

Arisley

Reaction score
Is it a new copper washer? When they get old they will leak. I have put a dab of silicone on the threads of a drain plug before to seal on some bunged up threads on an old Chevy. It worked.

dietoremain

Reaction score

sniper_101

Reaction score
Hate my Fumoto, leaks constantly and I'm not the only one with the issue. Waste of money IMO, changing back to a bolt next oil change. Won't get my suggestion for that one . . .

Like said, dipstick tube adapter is the most likely culprit, did the diesel o-ring kit on mine but it's leaking again, so another task come next oil change too. I think part of the leak on mine is the Loctite brand flange sealant the kit supplies, I'll use my trusty black RTV next time.

Latest posts

Members online