What's Up with All These 1000+ HP 6.0's Lately?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Still need rods, still need dual hpop, still should do a cam and some pistons with valve reliefs. It's no different than a 6.4.

Taylor will agree here. His 6.4 isn't a fancy shop truck and it'll run with any 6liter out there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Not true... Outlaw Diesel is deep in the 10s and we have gone 11.5 without overdrive (rev limiter around the 1/8). Now about 75-100hp more than it was and 600lbs lighter..... should be similar results.

Stock rods
Stock pistons
Single HPOP
150k miles on the stock engine in fact.

Reliability is not one I can speak of, it only is driven at the track. Its done pretty good so far though.

swinky

Reaction score
Not true... Outlaw Diesel is deep in the 10s and we have gone 11.5 without overdrive (rev limiter around the 1/8). Now about 75-100hp more than it was and 600lbs lighter..... should be similar results.

Stock rods
Stock pistons
Single HPOP

Reliability is not one I can speak of, it only is driven at the track. Its done pretty good so far though.
Outlaw truck has stock rods?

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
outlaw has been in that bottom end , it does have stock rods tho, but it has been gone into, martys truck is stock rod too. and theres a big diff on making a number on dyno and backing it up at the track

swinky

Reaction score

Stock rods
Stock pistons
Single HPOP

So let me get this straight. You think a track verified 1000hp stock rod 6liter is trustworthy?

I'm all about pushing them till they break but building a legitimate 1000hp 6liter and not expecting to build a motor is just stupid.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You think a track verified 1000hp stock rod 6liter is trustworthy?

I'm all about pushing them till they break but building a legitimate 1000hp 6liter and not expecting to build a motor is just stupid.

:D :D :blitzed:

I hear ya. Lol

Or you can just make sure you have a PILE of them. My wife has two older boys and they work on 6.4s, 6l,duramax and a few cummins. They have an 04 dd/shop truck that is running 190/75 (i think or 100) and a modded powermax. It is making decent power. They have an 07 that was getting a built motor but now they are going to run the biggest injectors they can get, a larger single, and spray the balls off of it. Obviously there will be things done to keep the heads planted. But the bottom end is going to get a test. They said they have a semi trailer full of good 6l to blow up.

swinky

Reaction score
:D :D :blitzed:

I hear ya. Lol

Or you can just make sure you have a PILE of them. My wife has two older boys and they work on 6.4s, 6l,duramax and a few cummins. They have an 04 dd/shop truck that is running 190/75 (i think or 100) and a modded powermax. It is making decent power. They have an 07 that was getting a built motor but now they are going to run the biggest injectors they can get, a larger single, and spray the balls off of it. Obviously there will be things done to keep the heads planted. But the bottom end is going to get a test. They said they have a semi trailer full of good 6l to blow up.
Nothing wrong with that but unless Mr vision diesel can pull a motor between rounds at the track a 1000hp 6leaker with stock rods is a time bomb. Marty just put new rods in his because they were bent..... he's making around 1000 I would think (gutted single cab went 10.30 I believe) I guess he doesn't know what he's doing lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt say I liked it either. I think its kinda dumb to willfully destroy a good engine but. Well. They dont care.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I didn't read where Derek said it he thought it was going to be reliable... But I did see that outlaw truck at TS and its impressive, surprised the motor is all stock that thing is violent.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

Nowhere did I state it was trustworthy.

What I said was it is becoming increasingly easy and more common. Between tuning, fueling parts, and technology advancements you will see more and more stock rod engines in the 10s and more and more of them capable of 1000hp.
Hell RiffRaff last season made 960hp on stock rods, a 68mm VGT, stock cam, and heads, and nitrous here at our shop on a very reputable dyno and runs mid 11s consistently in a full weight single cab.

So for the record I am not expecting "reliability" out of these engines. What I am saying is its becoming increasingly common for a stock rod engine to do what most don't think possible.
With that being said, we have been expecting ours to blow up since the day we built it... It owes us absolutely nothing!

swinky

Reaction score
Nowhere did I state it was trustworthy.

What I said was it is becoming increasingly easy and more common. Between tuning, fueling parts, and technology advancements you will see more and more stock rod engines in the 10s and more and more of them capable of 1000hp.
Hell RiffRaff last season made 960hp on stock rods, a 68mm VGT, stock cam, and heads, and nitrous here at our shop on a very reputable dyno and runs mid 11s consistently in a full weight single cab.

So for the record I am not expecting "reliability" out of these engines. What I am saying is its becoming increasingly common for a stock rod engine to do what most don't think possible.
With that being said, we have been expecting ours to blow up since the day we built it... It owes us absolutely nothing!
So 960hp in a single cab and only runs mid 11s? I guess my 190/75s and 366 made 1000 too.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So 960hp in a single cab and only runs mid 11s? I guess my 190/75s and 366 made 1000 too.

Mid 11s on fuel
960 on nitrous

Regardless though, I know what is actually happening... you can either believe it or continue to sit on the forums and fight a losing battle.

I should have more stock rod numbers tomorrow as well (fuel only). We ran 11.8 without converter lock-up and some shifting issues. We have since lost about 500lbs, went from a 467FMW to a 472SXE, and are able to paddle shift the 4r so its 100% up to the drive to lock it up and shift it no more electronics to screw us up.

Also have nitrous on tap if we cannot break into the 10s as it sits now with 330/100's and a 472 with a single Dieselsite HPOP

BOSS450

Reaction score
Reason I'm asking is bc the Pcs paddle shifters won't shift quick enough for the 1-2-3 shift sometimes.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Reason I'm asking is bc the Pcs paddle shifters won't shift quick enough for the 1-2-3 shift sometimes.

I figured that's where you were going, I was wondering what spe did to make it work.. If it even works I didn't get a chance to talk to dan just saw him pressing the buttons to go through the gears

BOSS450

Reaction score
You can shift with momentary buttons too. No extra wiring needed. I'm sure that will shift quick enough. But the cool looking paddle shifters ain't amazing.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
You can shift with momentary buttons too. No extra wiring needed. I'm sure that will shift quick enough. But the cool looking paddle shifters ain't amazing.

Excuse me, we are button shifting.

Lock up has a switch and up-shift has a switch.... It is a momentary button.

I have it programmed to return to first gear once you come back to a stop so there is no need for a downshift button to make things more confusing.

Latest posts

Members online