what's up with this

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362278463.717822.jpg

are these forum ads or tapatalk slipping them in on us?

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

JMart

Reaction score
Never seen that add so I would say its tapatalk. I just use my browser from my phone. Worked fine for me until the recent update. Now I don't see some pics.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely tapatalk because I havent added any ad stuff to psa and I have refused tapatalks attempts to get me to join their ad junk too.

My tapatalk doesnt have ads but I havent updated tapatalk on my phone in a very long time.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Definitely tapatalk because I havent added any ad stuff to psa and I have refused tapatalks attempts to get me to join their ad junk too.

My tapatalk doesnt have ads but I havent updated tapatalk on my phone in a very long time.

I haven't updated mine either...just randomly showed up unless it auto updated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Found this after doing some searching.

I solved the problem by installing the 1.13.xx version of Tapatalk. I have 2.xx somewhere on the nook color, will have to see if it also works without the ads...

Remember my tapatalk version on my phone is very old and doesnt have any ads on it at all. So this is something they are doing with the new version.

The ones to fuss at are tapatalk since psa doesnt have any advertising. Thats all tapatalks doings. They are the ones forcing those ads on you and they are the ones getting the ad money from it too.

Heres another quote from that page I found.

What the heck! I paid for this application (twice - I bought both the phone and [COLOR=#006400 !important][COLOR=#006400 !important]the [COLOR=#006400 !important]tablet[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] version) and now the company thinks it can double dip by forcing ads down my throat?

I'd love it if any one else whose irritated by this double dipping would change their signature in a similar fashion, then head over to the Play Store and leave a review about it. Don't forget to rate the helpfulness of other reviews mentioning the problem...

Meanwhile I have a new signature:

Tapatalk steals from their customers by forcing them to view ads in a paid [COLOR=#006400 !important][COLOR=#006400 !important]app[/COLOR][/COLOR]!

Heres the link Im pulling that from.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/55018-tapatalk-ads/

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok check to see if tapatalk ads are off. I just went postal on them and they claimed they set all the tapatalk forum owners to auto opt-in for THEIR advertising. They figured the site owners would like that. Yeah right....

See if that fixed it.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Its may take a bit for the settings to get around to updating. But its set to opt-out of their advertising stuff. Give it a day I guess and see if it changes. Restarting your phone might help too.

Latest posts

Members online