Wheel bearings

c.jank

Reaction score
2011 250 4x4 with 60k on it.. 3.5" pmf 3 link suspension.

Truck rides alot rougher than it did back in october and i notice a squeak when i make hard left turns. havent been able to jack the truck up and check i will do so tonight. Buddy mentioned maybe lock out hub bearings. i know hub assemblies are upwards of 400-600.

Assuming i can get this diagnosed who are yall using and ordering for your hubs, if anyone has had to replace.

Dave

Reaction score
I know the Timkens for the 05 ups with the fine thread studs are 500 a pop

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
For something else to look at, my 08 made the same type of noise when one of the brake pads was getting one side worn more than the other. Turned out the bracket that goes around the caliper that has slide pins and crap in it was seized up. Its worth a look instead of spending 600 for hubs.

On a side note, I feel like my trucks riding a little rougher too. I'm kinda wondering if somethings funny with the shocks, especially now that you say that.

c.jank

Reaction score
For something else to look at, my 08 made the same type of noise when one of the brake pads was getting one side worn more than the other. Turned out the bracket that goes around the caliper that has slide pins and crap in it was seized up. Its worth a look instead of spending 600 for hubs.

On a side note, I feel like my trucks riding a little rougher too. I'm kinda wondering if somethings funny with the shocks, especially now that you say that.

Yea I'm not sure about bilsteins any more. I feel like it was a shock issue with my duramax too. Went trough too many shocks too fast. Rides amazing for a few months then worsens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Jack the front axle up until the tires are off the ground and see if you can get any in and out play by pushing/pulling on the tire from the top or bottom.

c.jank

Reaction score
I will tomorrow. On top of this I came out to this surprise after work. Haha.
e4aba2ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online