Wheel/Tire Tech Thread

Emery19

Reaction score
alright fellas, truck is going to need tires here probably around the first of the year, if itll make it that long. i had to run my spare to pass state inspection LOL

anyways. living in maine we get snow. i have duratracs on the ranger and my dad has them on his yukon. they're animals in the snow and i wanna run duratracs on my factory 20's for the winter wheels and tires, come next summer im going to end up with either gears or motos in the 22inch variety with 35 toyos. but thats a ways a way and ill only run those in the summer so i dont have to try to clean them in the winter.

anyways. im putting a leveling kit on the truck when i get tires, because i cant stand the rake. i was going to run 295/65s but since goodyear doesnt sell their duratracs in that size im faced with an issue. i really want 35's.. and im pretty firm on getting duratracs for the factory 20's...

that being said.. out of the two sizes offered, 305/55 and 325/60 what is going to get me closest to my goal? i have a feeling the 325 is going to be to wide. but is the 305 going to be big enough?

my other option is skip the new wheels and just run toyos on the stock wheels.. but how are the toyos in the snow? or should i look for a different tire so i can get 295/65?

help me spend my money guys. LOL

edit: whatever tire thats going on the factory wheels will have be able to be decent for some minor plowing.

Pmac21

Reaction score
that being said.. out of the two sizes offered, 305/55 and 325/60 what is going to get me closest to my goal? i have a feeling the 325 is going to be to wide. but is the 305 going to be big enough?

The 325 will be approx. 35 x 13 and the 305 will be 33 x 12.5

themrt1986

Reaction score
I need some new wheels. No one seems to understand the offset and back spacing stuff. Can anyone tell me specs I need?

My truck is a 99 f250 with about a 4" lift. My tires are 315 75 r16 currently mounted on the stock 7" wide rims. I want to go to either 8" or 10" wide wheels. I will be staying with 16's as my tires are practically new. So, what specs are needed? I want my tires to be flush with or a hair inside the fenders. Not sticking out. I don't want them throwing up junk on the side of my truck. Also, I would like them to not run the leafs. Literally been ready to order wheels for months and haven't because no one seems to know the answer. Hope joining this site can help. Thanks in advance!

stroker2

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the site. Secondly, your request is somewhat a difficult one to fullfill. On the 99-03 trucks typical backspacing is NEAR 4.5". A 10" wide will stick out of the fenders a bit. 8" wide will stick out a little further than stock but not really outside the fenders. Also depends on the truck and tire as to whether the 8" will rub the leafs or not. My 2000 had a leveling kit with 34's with 17x9" wheels with 4.5" backspace and did not rub anywhere. I think the 8" would be your best bet with 35's to not rub anywhere

the1laf

Reaction score
After some instances this summer messing up my LF & RR fenders my truck is going into the body shop, I'm planning on doing Bushwacker Cut-Out's (Yes, I know that's cutting sheet metal, my body man doesn't really want to do it..)

Original plans were a 17"x9" wheel with 37x12.5's(maybe 38x15.5's down the road), being a CCLB I don't want to sacrifice any more turning radius, I would like to stay off my leaf springs by at least an inch.

the standard backspacing is 4.5".. which i don't think is enough:shrug: any less than that brings my options down to beadlocks (Spyderlock 17x9.5 3.5"bs 3200# load rating)

I only plan on using this set wheel/tire combo in the fall-spring time, I'll use my current set for more summer travel.

I'm open for ideas.

themrt1986

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the site. Secondly, your request is somewhat a difficult one to fullfill. On the 99-03 trucks typical backspacing is NEAR 4.5". A 10" wide will stick out of the fenders a bit. 8" wide will stick out a little further than stock but not really outside the fenders. Also depends on the truck and tire as to whether the 8" will rub the leafs or not. My 2000 had a leveling kit with 34's with 17x9" wheels with 4.5" backspace and did not rub anywhere. I think the 8" would be your best bet with 35's to not rub anywhere

I'd much rather have the 10 inch wide I think. But at this point I just want some wheels. This has been a research nightmare. Can anyone tell me what back spacing and offset I should be looking for to keep my tires as close to inside the fenders as possible and as little a chance of rubbing the leafs as possible. (They rub now at a full turn, so a little is tolerable.)

So, 8's or 10's, inside the fenders and off the leafs? Back spacing and offset? Thanks so much if anyone can give me a good clear answer.

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
8" wheels with the aforementioned 4.5" backspacing will fit 315/75R16 with a 4" lift... zero rub. At least they do on mine. AND they don't stick out.

Dakotakid

Reaction score
attachment
ads=0MIq369VPg2m17K96w-dlPKhRCk[/IMG]
2006 F-250 1.5" level 20x12 -44 offset fuel octanes with LT 305/55r20s nitto terras, it rubs as of now, have to do some trimming.

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
Sharp truck. Not a fan of big wheels / low profile tires on a truck. You nailed it. You got just enough tire sticking out to look mean and aggressive. Not so much to make it look like a skateboard. Just noticed you sig... 4.56 gears, lockers, high steer... You really take that baby wheeling? I love to see a big truck wheel.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
alright fellas, truck is going to need tires here probably around the first of the year, if itll make it that long. i had to run my spare to pass state inspection LOL

anyways. living in maine we get snow. i have duratracs on the ranger and my dad has them on his yukon. they're animals in the snow and i wanna run duratracs on my factory 20's for the winter wheels and tires, come next summer im going to end up with either gears or motos in the 22inch variety with 35 toyos. but thats a ways a way and ill only run those in the summer so i dont have to try to clean them in the winter.

anyways. im putting a leveling kit on the truck when i get tires, because i cant stand the rake. i was going to run 295/65s but since goodyear doesnt sell their duratracs in that size im faced with an issue. i really want 35's.. and im pretty firm on getting duratracs for the factory 20's...

my other option is skip the new wheels and just run toyos on the stock wheels.. but how are the toyos in the snow? or should i look for a different tire so i can get 295/65?

help me spend my money guys. LOL

edit: whatever tire thats going on the factory wheels will have be able to be decent for some minor plowing.

My truck has factory 20's with 305 duratracs. Kinda wish I went 325's. next time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382479042.526772.jpg

punkrockford

Reaction score
18x9 pro comp wheels 0 offset 37x13.50 18 tires 7" icon vehicle dynamics lift

Attachments

• IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 203

Agjake11

Reaction score
Might be being lazy but while im searching through the thread to see, i have question on my 13.

What offset do you need on the 11+ for aftermarket wheels? Looking at some 18x9's right now but they come in -12 and +18.

Also 33x12.50 an option and is 35x12.50 with aftermarket wheels needing a leveling kit? What about 33/35 with stock 20"s

ShortStroker

Reaction score
Sharp truck. Not a fan of big wheels / low profile tires on a truck. You nailed it. You got just enough tire sticking out to look mean and aggressive. Not so much to make it look like a skateboard. Just noticed you sig... 4.56 gears, lockers, high steer... You really take that baby wheeling? I love to see a big truck wheel.

Thanx man and yeah when it was on 38's I dumped it every mud hole and climbed any obstacle someone said I couldn't. Haha. But that got to expensive and too abusive to my truck. So dropped her down. Loving the lowered life though! I do occasionally miss the glory days of pulling other trucks out but been there done that, broke and bought enough parts to get the shirt for free.

y2eju5ud.jpg

papy8uhu.jpg

apubu3eq.jpg

5a6ereru.jpg

Except in these pics. In this pics I was stuck as F#%€

Sent from my iPhone

brian89

Reaction score
this question may have already been answered here but i could not find anything that matches what im looking for exactly

i have a 2000 cc/sb leveled and im trying to run 18x12 fuel hostages with a 13.5 wide tire, will this be even remotely close to fitting or am i going to have to lift it? if anybody is running/ran anything like that let me know how well it worked, thanks

Latest posts

Members online