Which injector size recommended?

DocBar

Reaction score
Honestly I would NOT spend 1200 dollars on a tc for a 2500(cost of stock.replacement from ford) transmission. Seems stupid. PI doesnt build those.converters. They specify the stall, as you could. They have them built, as you could. They have them painted, as you could,lol. Find a triple disc converter and get a vb(250 from everywhere)...now you've got a grand into.a.core.trans LOL

Having ran a tc/vb in a stock trans and a built trans id not waste my $$. Get a built one and forget it.
One of us misread the OP's post about a cooler. I read that he ordered a trans cooler (31 row). I don't remember seeing anything about an intercooler. :shrug:

BAMF0816

Reaction score
So a trans cooler from a 6.0 L is not a good investment? Or the trans cooler that Bob at Dieselsite sells.

I beg to differ with you there.

not to argue, but from my experience and others locally, the trans really does not get over heated under normal conditions or slightly over, mine didnt anyways, never towed much either. not sure how much he is towing but the stocker should be fine. now if he gets a aftermarket trans, then yeah the 6.0 cooler would be a great addition. is that wrong? i guess my direction to first put some sort of gauge on the trans to see how hot it is actually getting before investing in an additional cooler was bad advice. my fault.

BAMF0816

Reaction score
One of us misread the OP's post about a cooler. I read that he ordered a trans cooler (31 row). I don't remember seeing anything about an intercooler. :shrug:

post 10 he states he has a cooler. no other details.

in his original post he asks about an intercooler.

typ. all.... typ. all.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
It's a good idea to get some gauges to see what's going on
Chit they have apps with a plug in into the obd port

I have a 6.0 trans cooler on the bench but haven't had high enough temps to worry about installing it

The Brad

Reaction score
Here's my problem with the 6.0 Trans cooler. My temps never go over 130 unloaded and 175 loaded. Sounds fine and dandy, but I now have much hotter air blowing across my intercooler. I can see up to a 50 degree rise when towng between my IAT (intake air temp) and MAT (manifold air temp). When I redo it, I'll get an aux cooler with a fan and mount it somewhere else.

Arisley

Reaction score
Here's my problem with the 6.0 Trans cooler. My temps never go over 130 unloaded and 175 loaded. Sounds fine and dandy, but I now have much hotter air blowing across my intercooler. I can see up to a 50 degree rise when towng between my IAT (intake air temp) and MAT (manifold air temp). When I redo it, I'll get an aux cooler with a fan and mount it somewhere else.

What?

BAMF0816

Reaction score
What tranny temps are you guys considering "not high enough"?

If u dont ever get close to 200-210, then I would say that is "not hot enough". Maybe that is wrong. Without a gauge though, the world may never know.

My stocker never got over 146 degrees in the Texas summer. That is a reading from just the obd port. So +\- 10 degrees, and I really dont care which sensor point or location is better, moving on.
now with the bts and 6.0 cooler i have seen an increase of 164 while cruising on the hwy, reading from the same port/scanner. Ive been told elevated temps are to be expected with a modified trans. Maybe that is wrong, idk.
I hope this can help the op with his injector question.

ConcordBobbah97

Reaction score
And the trans cooler I have on the way is some sort of after market 10 pass cooler, intercooler will come before injectors and i have a shop that is custom bending my pipes.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
If u dont ever get close to 200-210, then I would say that is "not hot enough". Maybe that is wrong. Without a gauge though, the world may never know.

My stocker never got over 146 degrees in the Texas summer. That is a reading from just the obd port. So +\- 10 degrees, and I really dont care which sensor point or location is better, moving on.
now with the bts and 6.0 cooler i have seen an increase of 164 while cruising on the hwy, reading from the same port/scanner. Ive been told elevated temps are to be expected with a modified trans. Maybe that is wrong, idk.
I hope this can help the op with his injector question.

From what I've been told from some pretty reputable guys around the message boards, you never wanna run your tranny temps over 200 degrees for any length of time. Those temps put a beating on your fluid. With my 6.0 cooler, the lowest I run is about 140 degrees, and the hottest is about 180. Usually stay about 80 degrees above ambient.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
From what I've been told from some pretty reputable guys around the message boards, you never wanna run your tranny temps over 200 degrees for any length of time. Those temps put a beating on your fluid. With my 6.0 cooler, the lowest I run is about 140 degrees, and the hottest is about 180. Usually stay about 80 degrees above ambient.
I see about the same with the stock 7.3 cooler

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Those are my heavy towing numbers in the hot GA summer. My stock cooler hit 200-225 under the same conditions.
Pretty good difference there
I don't pull anything heavy enough to need a bigger cooler
Stop and go around town my temps climb to 160 - 170ish but come down once I get moving again..

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Pretty good difference there
I don't pull anything heavy enough to need a bigger cooler
Stop and go around town my temps climb to 160 - 170ish but come down once I get moving again..

You should be fine running empty. But if you should start towing, don't let those tranny temps run over 200 or so for very long. I remeber the first time mine got up there, I was 4 hours from home. I stayed between 205-215 at interstate speeds just about the entire time. I ordered the 6.0 cooler when I got home that day and flushed the tranny fluid and changed the filter. The fluid smelled burned and was slightly dis colored. It hasn't happened since and my fluid has always looked and smelled fresh since.

mandkole

Reaction score
Why would you move the trans cooler away from the benefit of free and very effective ramair? If you are convinced that the CAC is being subject to unneeded heat gain, do you plan to eliminate the condenser and electric fan cooling it also? Like I said, Im interested in seeing something new.

The Brad

Reaction score
Why would you move the trans cooler away from the benefit of free and very effective ramair? If you are convinced that the CAC is being subject to unneeded heat gain, do you plan to eliminate the condenser and electric fan cooling it also? Like I said, Im interested in seeing something new.

I'm thinking more along the lines of putting the stock cooler back and adding an aux cooler with a fan somewhere else. There's no reason for the Trans to be under 165*. As for the condenser, I think I'll just turn off the AC if it's a problem.

White Buffalo

Reaction score
Well I run php tunes and I've read that his egts are the lowest out there and I love the tunes personally, but like I said I'm looking for like 340ish read wheel and a little more grunt for them big hills when towing, any combinations and sizes would be nice

Running Swamps 175/146(stock nozzles) injectors, T Wilman Tunning and a Van turbo on our F-250 for @ 9 years now. It's mostly used for towing and I really like driving/towing with this setup. A very good bump in power & EGT's are fine as well. Dyno'd 350hp & 690 TQ - would do it again in a heartbeat. I might add a 38R or a T-4 mounted turbo in the future, but it's more a want than a need.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.